Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit appears Author believe called cause character Christ Christian Church circumstances common considerable considered course critical Divine doctrine effect England English Epistle established evidence existence expression fact faith feeling give given Government Greek ground hand head heart holy human illustration important instance interest Italy John kind labour language learned less letter light living London Lord manner matter means mind moral nature never object observed opinion original party passage passed persons practice present principle question readers reason received reference regard relation religion religious remarks respect rest Sabbath Scriptures seems sense slaves Society spirit thing tion translation Traveller true truth volume whole writer
340. oldal - And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.
499. oldal - Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
498. oldal - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, (ready to depart on the morrow) and continued his speech until midnight.
519. oldal - The merry Homes of England! Around their hearths by night, What gladsome looks of household love Meet in the ruddy light ! There woman's voice flows forth in song, Or childhood's tale is told, Or lips move tunefully along Some glorious page of old. The blessed Homes of England ! How softly on their bowers Is laid the holy quietness That breathes from Sabbath hours!
340. oldal - Kadesh, a city in the uttermost of thy border : let us pass, I pray thee, through thy country : we will not pass through the fields, or through the vineyards, neither will we drink of the water of the wells : we will go by the king's highway, we will not turn to the right hand nor to the left, until we have passed thy borders.
99. oldal - I have resolved to set down the form and character of a true pastor, that I may have a mark to aim at which also I will set as high as I can, since he shoots higher that threatens the moon, than he that aims at a tree.
162. oldal - I am sorry to leave this country in the " condition it is in; for all the good that we have done " has been a little blood-letting, which has only weak" ened the madness but not at all cured it; and I tremble " for fear that this vile spot may still be the ruin of this
183. oldal - The ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY of the SECOND and THIRD CENTURIES, illustrated from the writings of Tertullian.