Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
appear beam BEAUTY'S behold bleeding blood BLOOM blue BOSOM breath bright burst cease cold dark DAUGHTER dead death deep diadem dream earth Eternal face FALSE fame Father fingers flow forget future glance glow grave grow hand harp hath head hear heard heart Heaven HEBREW MELODIES hold hope host hour immortal Judah's King land leaves light living look lost melting MINSTREL MONARCH mountain NATHAN never night o'er once PARKER pure race rays Salem Saul SAW THEE shade share shone shrine shroud SLEEPLESS smiles song Sorrow soul sound spirit stars step stone stood stray sweet SWEPT sword tear temple tender thine thou thou art thou canst thought throne thy fall trace triumph voice wander waters wave weep wept wild withered
48. oldal - THE Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.
49. oldal - Like the leaves of the forest when summer is green, That host with their banners at sunset were seen; Like the leaves of the forest when autumn hath blown, That host on the morrow lay withered and strown. For the angel of death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he pass'd; And the eyes of the sleepers wax'd deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still...
50. oldal - And the widows of Ashur are loud in their wail, And the idols are broke in the temple of Baal ; And the might of the Gentile, unsmote by the sword, Hath melted like snow in the glance of the Lord...
13. oldal - OH ! weep for those that wept by Babel's stream, Whose shrines are desolate, whose land a dream : Weep for the harp of Judah's broken shell ; Mourn — where their God hath dwelt the godless dwell ! And where shall Israel lave her bleeding feet ? And when shall Zion's songs again seem sweet?
18. oldal - ... roses rear Their leaves, the earliest of the year; And the wild cypress wave in tender gloom: And oft by yon blue gushing stream Shall Sorrow lean her drooping head, And feed deep thought with many a dream, And lingering pause and lightly tread: Fond wretch! as if her step disturb'd the dead!
37. oldal - Chaldea's seers are good, But here they have no skill ; And the unknown letters stood Untold and awful still. And Babel's men of age Are wise and deep in lore ; But now they were not sage, They saw — but knew no more. A captive in the land, A stranger and a youth, He heard the king's command, He saw that writing's truth. The lamps around were bright, The prophecy in view ; He read it on that night, — The morrow proved it true.
11. oldal - THE wild gazelle on Judah's hills Exulting yet may bound, And drink from all the living rills That gush on holy ground ; Its airy step and glorious eye May glance in tameless transport by...
5. oldal - She walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes : 5 Thus mellow'd to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
26. oldal - Thou who art bearing my buckler and bow, Should the soldiers of Saul look away from the foe, Stretch me that moment in blood at thy feet ! Mine be the doom which they dared not to meet. Farewell...
25. oldal - It is the hour when lovers' vows Seem sweet in every whisper'd word ; And gentle winds, and waters near, Make music to the lonely ear. Each flower the dews have lightly wet, And in the sky the stars are met, And on the wave is deeper blue, And on the leaf a browner hue, And in the heaven that clear obscure, So softly dark, and darkly pure, Which follows the decline of day, As twilight melts beneath the moon away.