Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able actual affairs appear army arrangement arrived assistant authority Berar boat Bombay British government captain carried charge chief chieftains circumstances Colonel command communication Company's concluded conduct considerable continued copy council course court desire detachment directed dispatch ditto Dowlut Rao Dutch effect empire enemy engagements English establishment event Excellency expected express force George Governor Highness Holkar Honourable immediately important India instructions interests island James John late letter lieut lieutenant Lord Mahratta Major March means measures ment military native nature Noble object observed occasion officers party peace Peishwa person Poona possession present principles proceeded promoted proposed Rajah Rao Scindia received regiment Resident respect Scindia sent September ship Signed success tain taken territory Thomas tion treaty troops vice Wellesley whole
13. oldal - Bacchus' blessings are a treasure, Drinking is the soldier's pleasure: Rich the treasure, Sweet the pleasure, Sweet is pleasure after pain. Soothed with the sound, the king grew vain; Fought all his battles o'er again, And thrice he routed all his foes, and thrice he slew the slain!
54. oldal - I have the honour to be, with the highest respect, my lord, your lordship's most faithful and obedient servant, WELLESLEY.
9. oldal - I wished to put myself in a capacity, when a favourable opportunity should offer, of attempting the conquest of the Punjaub, and aspired to the honour of planting the British standard on the banks of the Attock ! " One other act of Thomas's must be mentioned.
106. oldal - ... peace between our two countries ought to diffuse through both, lead us to participate in the pleasure which the birth of a princess must naturally give to the royal family and people of Great Britain ; and we sincerely congratulate their majesties on that addition to their domestic happiness. We have the honor to be with great regard and esteem, sir, your most obedient and very humble servants, J.
100. oldal - I have the honor to be with the greatest Respect My Lord Your Lordships Most Obedient and most humble servant B.
316. oldal - that an humble address be presented to his Majesty, praying that his Majesty would be graciously pleased to...
259. oldal - Bramins with such guards as shall afford perfect security to their persons, rites and ceremonies and to the sanctity of the religious edifices, and you will strictly enjoin those under your command to observe your orders on this important subject with the utmost degree of accuracy and vigilance.
204. oldal - Secondly, The extension of the Company's frontier to the Jumna, with the possession of Agra, Delhi, and a sufficient chain of posts on the western and southern banks of the Jumna.
11. oldal - ... me to drive the tiger towards him. I made another attempt, and with more success ; he darted out towards me on my approach, roaring furiously, and lashing his sides with his tail ; I luckily got a shot, and hit him ; he retreated into the bush...