A Compendium of the System of Divine Truth: Contained in a Series of Essays, in which the Principal Subjects Contained in the Holy Scriptures, are Carefully Arranged, Briefly Discussed, and Improved
E. & H. Clark, 1824 - 304 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according agency Apostle appears attend baptism believe blessed blood body called cause character christian church clearly command considered consists conversion covenant created creation dead death decrees divine doctrine duty earth effects elders elect equally ESSAY established eternal evident evil existence expressed faith Father final followers fruit further give given glorious glory God's gospel grace ground hand hath hear heart heaven holy hope human idea implies important infinite Israel Jesus Christ judgment justification kingdom knowledge light live Lord mankind means mind moral nature never object observe original parents perfect prayer preaching promises prophecies prove providence reason redemption religion repentance respecting sabbath saints salvation saved Saviour scrip scriptures sense sinners sins soul speaking Spirit sufferings things thou tion true truth universe unto whole wicked
228. oldal - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee : 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
291. oldal - When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory: and before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats: and he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left. Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world...
117. oldal - For the bodies of those beasts whose blood is brought into the sanctuary by the high priest for sin, are burned without the camp. "Wherefore Jesus also, that He might sanctify the people with His own Blood, suffered without the gate.
262. oldal - But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
228. oldal - Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
66. oldal - Let all the earth fear the LORD : Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him. For he spake, and it was done ; He commanded, and it stood fast.
252. oldal - Moreover, if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone : if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses, every word may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church : but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
66. oldal - And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing : and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth : and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou...
216. oldal - Think not that I am come to destroy the Law, or the Prophets : I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.