The System of Doctrines, Contained in Divine Revelation, Explained and Defended: Showing Their Consistence and Connection with Each Other : to which is Added, A Treatise on the Millennium
By Isaiah Thomas and Ebenezer T. Andrews, 1793
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according Adam affection againſt angels anſwer appears aſſerted attend becauſe beginning believe benevolence beſt Bible body called cauſe character Chriſt church conſequence conſidered conſiſtent contrary created creatures darkneſs death diſcerning divine doctrine equally eternal evidence evil excellence exerciſe exiſtence expreſſed Father firſt give given glory goodneſs greater greateſt hand happineſs hath heart himſelf holineſs holy human implied important infinite inſtance Jeſus Chriſt John knowledge latter leaſt light Lord mankind means mind moral moſt muſt nature neceſſary obedience object obſerved oppoſed origin particular perfect perſon poſſible proper puniſhment reaſon Redeemer reſpect revelation ſaid ſame ſays ſcriptures ſee ſelf love ſenſe ſhall ſhould ſin ſome ſtate ſubject ſuch ſuffering ſuppoſe take place theſe things thoſe thou threatened tion true truth underſtanding univerſal unto uſed whole wholly wiſdom wiſe
579. oldal - He that believeth on him is not condemned : but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
174. oldal - For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together for to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determined before to be done.
74. oldal - He is the Rock, his work is perfect : for all his ways are judgment : a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
347. oldal - No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.
427. oldal - For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.
368. oldal - For scarcely for a righteous man will one die ; yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
428. oldal - These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God ; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
474. oldal - For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.
318. oldal - As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
177. oldal - Go, and tell this people, HEAR ye indeed, but understand not; And see ye indeed, but perceive not. Make the heart of this people fat, And make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes ; Lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, And understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.