A Voice from the Alps; or, a brief account of the Evangelical Societies of Paris and Geneva ... Edited [with introductory remarks] by ... E. Bickersteth, etc
Thames Ditton printed, 1838
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
agents already appeared become believe blessing body called cause century Christianity church committee confession desire direction divine doctors doctrines earth efforts elements established eternal Evangelical Evangélique exist eyes faith Father feel France French friends Geneva gentlemen give given glory gospel grace hand heart holy hope human idea important institution instruction interest Italy Jesus Christ knowledge labours lead light living Lord maintain manner means meeting midst mind ministers nature necessary never object once opening Paris pass pastor perhaps period persons prayers present principle produced professors Protestant pure reason received reformed religion religious respect salvation scripture seek shew Société society speak spirit teach theology things tion true truth understanding whole wish writes yourselves
117. oldal - Faith ; which Faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the Catholic Faith is this : that we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity, neither confounding the Persons, nor dividing the substance.
52. oldal - As the godly consideration of Predestination, and our Election in Christ, is full of sweet, pleasant, and unspeakable comfort to godly persons and such as feel in themselves the working of the Spirit of Christ, mortifying the works of the flesh, and their earthly members, and drawing up their mind to high and heavenly things; as well because it doth greatly establish and confirm their faith of eternal salvation to be enjoyed through Christ, as because it doth fervently kindle their love towards God...
53. oldal - Furthermore, we must receive God's promises in such wise, as they be generally set forth to us in holy Scripture : and in our doings, that will of God is to be followed, which we have expressly declared unto us in the Word of God.
117. oldal - So the Father is God, the Son is God : and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet there are not three Gods : but one God.
16. oldal - And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one : I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.
52. oldal - God's purpose by his spirit working in due season : they through grace obey the calling: they be justified freely: they be made sons of God by adoption : they be made like the image of his only begotten Son Jesus Christ : they walk religiously in good works, and, at length, by God's mercy, they attain to everlasting felicity.
15. oldal - And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me,, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship ; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
52. oldal - PREDESTINATION to Life is the everlasting purpose of God, whereby (before the foundations of the world were laid) he hath constantly decreed by his counsel secret to us, to deliver from curse and damnation those whom he hath chosen in Christ out of mankind, and to bring them by Christ to everlasting salvation, as vessels made to honour.
79. oldal - The first man is of the earth, earthy : the second man is the Lord from heaven. As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy : and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly. And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
153. oldal - Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be : but we know that when He shall appear, we shall be like Him ; for we shall see Him as He is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as He is pure.