Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Now the Hour is Come to Hand Culture and Politics circa 18901920
Specters and Illusions The World Abroad and the World at Home
Governance and Governors
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
agricultural amtmand Baerentsen bailiff ballads became Bergen boats called Christian Christian III Church cliffs Copenhagen Danes Danish Debes Degn Denmark Dimmalcetting early economic eighteenth century elected example Eysturoy F0ringafelag F0ringatidindi Faroe Islands Faroe trade Faroese culture Faroese language Faroese population Faroese society fishery fishing Folketing folkishness Frederik freeholders Fugloy Gabel governor Grundtvig Hammershaimb hired hands huldufolk huldumadur Hvalba I0gmadur Iceland important Jakobsen Jakup Joensen king king's farmers Kirkjub0ur L0gting land late legends linguistic literary literature lived Lucas Debes married Matras merchants merkur Mikkjal MiSvagur Monopoly Mortensen Mykines nineteenth century NorSoyar Norway Norwegian official Olavur outfield Patursson percent Petersen pilot whales political priest Reformation Rigsdag Roskilde Sandoy Self-Rule party servants sheep sheriff Shetland ship Skopun Slesvig Snaebj0rn social sorinskrivari story Streymoy suggests SuSuroy Svabo Svend Grundtvig tenancies Tillceg tion Torshavn traditional Union party Vagar Vagur Vestmanna village whales Winther Zachariasen
208. oldal - CIVILIZATION, taken in its wide ethnographic sense, is that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, morals, law, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society.
3. oldal - There is another set of small islands, nearly all separated by narrow stretches of water; in these for nearly a hundred years hermits sailing from our own country, Ireland, have lived.
3. oldal - And just as they were always deserted from the beginning of the world, so now because of the Northmen pirates they are emptied of anchorites, and filled with countless sheep, and very many diverse kinds of seabirds.
3. oldal - Thule] in the ocean to the north of Britain which can be reached from the northern islands of Britain in a direct voyage of two days and nights with sails filled with a continuously favourable wind. A devout priest told me that in two summer days and the intervening night he sailed in a two-benched boat and landed on one of them.
151. oldal - ... glances between one red face and another, one discerns more love-nonsense. Adjacent to this big room, in which the fishermen and girls find their pleasure, is another smaller one, where the daughters of the officials and others dance politer dances with the students of law, medicine, and theology home for the holidays, and with the sons of the more considerable townspeople. The fun here is of a milder kind. But here, as well as in the big room, the sport lasts for hours after the members of Parliament...
4. oldal - ... dependencies, was subsumed under a joint Danish-Norwegian crown. The most important of these dependencies was Iceland, which had given up its freedom in 1262. The Faroese had already been subject to the Norwegian crown for over two hundred years. Orkney became Scottish in 1468, Shetland in 1472. By the time of the Reformation, in the middle of the sixteenth century, the Faroes were a small and rather unimportant part of an already much diminished Norse world, whose society had developed a good...
101. oldal - He would -ask wherein lay the use of cutting a field of rye some fifteen yards by five, the heads of irregular height and separated from each other by inches. And, indeed, if time were as valuable in Faroe as in England, there would be reason in his inquiry. But when Olaus and I traversed the parish, its grass, full of flowers and knee deep, was uncut ; and thanks to the mountain mist and the warm sun which now seemed to shine from under the mist...
A Könyvkereső összes találata »
Lessons From the Political Economy of Small Islands: The Resourcefulness of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2000