Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Elements of English Grammar, for the Use of Ladies' Schools
Robert Gordon Latham
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2012
Elements of English Grammar, for ... Ladies' Schools
Robert Gordon Latham
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
accents action added addition adjective adverb affecting affirmed agrees Anglo-Norman Anglo-Saxon applied become begin called changed cold combination comes comparative concerning conjunction connected counties dark death declension Demonstrative denote dialects disyllabic ending England English language equivalent explain expression extension fact father flat French gender Germany grammar hand Hence identical important introduced invaders Isles John King land Latin learned letter liquid logical means measure mute nature necessary noun object original original British participle particular period person Plur plural portions positive Poss possessive preceded predicate present English Preterite pronouns proposition question reign remaining respect rhyme rules Saxon seen sentence settlement sharp shines simple Sing single singular sound speak speech spoken strike substantive syllable taken takes thing third transitive tribes verb verse vowel wanting whilst words written
93. oldal - And there lay the rider distorted and pale, With the dew on his brow, and the rust on his mail; And the tents were all silent, the banners alone, The lances unlifted, the trumpet unblown.
99. oldal - THE Lord descended from above, And bowed the heavens most high ; And underneath his feet he cast The darkness of the sky. 2 On cherub and on cherubim, Full royally, he rode ; And on the wings of mighty winds Came flying all abroad.
91. oldal - Come as the winds come, when Forests are rended; Come as the waves come, when Navies are stranded : Faster come, faster come, Faster and faster, Chief, vassal, page, and groom, Tenant and master. Fast they come, fast they come ; See how they gather ! Wide waves the eagle plume, Blended with heather.
96. oldal - On what foundation stands the warrior's pride, How just his hopes, let Swedish Charles decide ; A frame of adamant, a soul of fire, No dangers fright him, and no labours tire...
93. oldal - And the widows of Ashur are loud in their wail, And the idols are broke in the temple of Baal ; And the might of the Gentile, unsmote by the sword, Hath melted like snow in the glance of the Lord ! FROM JOH.
97. oldal - His fall was destined to a barren strand, A petty fortress, and a dubious hand ; He left the name, at which the world grew pale, To point a moral, or adorn a tale.
98. oldal - Their dearest action in the tented field, And little of this great world can I speak, More than pertains to feats of broil and battle, And therefore little shall I grace my cause In speaking for myself. Yet, by your gracious patience, I will a round...
98. oldal - Reserved him to more wrath; for now the thought Both of lost happiness and lasting pain Torments him; round he throws his baleful eyes, That witnessed huge affliction and dismay, Mixed with obdurate pride and steadfast hate. At once, as far as Angels...
96. oldal - Think nothing gain'd," he cries, " till nought remain, On Moscow's walls till Gothic standards fly, And all be mine beneath the polar sky." The march begins in military state, And nations on his eye suspended wait ; Stern Famine guards the solitary coast, And Winter barricades the realms...