Plain sermons, by contributors to the 'Tracts for the times' [ed. by I. Williams and W.J. Copeland]. [2 sets, containing differing eds. of vol.1. Vol.3 of the 2nd set is described as being of a New ed.].
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Angels Apostles appear Baptism bear become beginning believe better blessing body brethren bring brought called Christ Christian Church comfort coming commandments consider continually course Cross death duty earth especially evil eyes faith Father fear feel follow gift give given glory God's Gospel grace hand hath hear heart Heaven holy hope Jesus John keep kind king kingdom knowledge least less light live look LORD Lord's manner matter means mind nature never obedience offering once ourselves pass Paul persons praise pray prayer present promise Prophet reason receive religion religious rest Saints Saviour Scripture seek seems sheep shepherds sight sins soul speak Spirit suffer sure thee things thou thought true truth turn understand unto whole wish
319. oldal - For our rejoicing is this, the testimony of our conscience, that in simplicity and godly sincerity, not with fleshly wisdom, but by the grace of God, we have had our conversation in the world, and more abundantly to you-ward.
290. oldal - But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: in whom the God of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
203. oldal - Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren; and the Spirit of the LORD came upon David from that day forward.
319. oldal - And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the LORD hath made known unto us.
235. oldal - And like unto him was there no king before him, that turned to the LORD with all his heart, and with all his soul, and with all his might, according to all the law of Moses; neither after him arose there any like him.
260. oldal - But as then he that was born after the flesh, persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
23. oldal - And he said unto them, Go ye, and tell that fox, Behold, I cast out devils, and I do cures to-day and to-morrow, and the third day I shall be perfected.
112. oldal - Therefore they shall come and • sing in the height of Zion, and shall flow together to the goodness of the LORD, for wheat, and for wine, and for oil, and for the young of the flock and of the herd : and their soul shall be as a watered garden ; and they shall not sorrow any more at all.
9. oldal - Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.