Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
aesthetic Alcheringa Amerinds ancestor anger animal Anna Louise Strong appear Arunta tribe attitude becomes believed blood Brinton Central Australia cere chap character Chicago Chinese church churinga clan decorations deity dramatic representations elements emotional Eucharist experience fact fear food impulse functional psychology Hakea higher power higher stages Ibid Indians individual influence initiation ceremonies instance instincts and impulses Intichiuma ceremony Israelites Jahwe Jesus Leuba London Lord's Supper ment method of control monies monolatry monotheism movements myth Native Tribes nature nomadic Northern Tribes organization origin overt reaction pantomimicry participant performed prayer primitive man's prophets rain ceremony reference relation religious rites and ceremonies ritual scientific Semitic situation social consciousness social object Spencer and Gillen spirit stages of culture stone survival symbolic things thought tion totem transubstantiation Tribes of Central Tribes of South-east type of social Unjiamba various Vide W. H. R. Rivers Walter William Skeat Wollunqua worship York
82. oldal - ... renounce the devil and all his works, and constantly believe God's holy word, and obediently keep his commandments. I demand therefore, DOST thou, in the name of this child, renounce the devil and all his works, the vain pomp and glory of the world, with all covetous desires of the same, and the carnal desires of the flesh, so that thou wilt not follow nor be led by them ? Answ.
90. oldal - YE that do truly and earnestly repent you of your sins, and are in love and charity with your neighbours, and intend to lead a new life, following the commandments of God, and walking from henceforth in his holy ways ; Draw near with faith, and take this holy Sacrament to your comfort ; and make your humble confession to Almighty God, meekly kneeling upon your knees.
91. oldal - THE body of our Lord Jesus Christ, which was given for thee, preserve thy body and soul unto everlasting life ! Take and eat this in remembrance that Christ died for thee ; and feed on him in thy heart by faith with thanksgiving.
74. oldal - And he took bread, and • gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body, which is given for you : This do in remembrance of me. Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new Testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
48. oldal - Animals,' 2 after reporting the preceding illustration, relates this observation touching a remarkably ' intelligent,' ' pugnacious," and ' courageous ' dog. ' The terrier [Skye] in question, like many other dogs, used to play with dry bones, by tossing them in the air, throwing them to a distance, and generally giving them the appearance of animation, in order to give himself the ideal pleasure of worrying them. On one occasion, therefore, I tied a long and fine thread to a dry bone, and gave him...
92. oldal - Many winters ago, our wise ancestors predicted that a great monster, with white eyes, would come from the east, and, as he advanced, would consume the land. This monster is the white race, and the prediction is near its fulfilment.
50. oldal - Among the Seminoles of Florida, when a woman died in childbirth, the infant was held over her face to receive her parting spirit, and thus acquire strength and knowledge for its future use...
10. oldal - Carolina in 1887 and 1888, and covering every subject pertaining to the daily life and thought of the Indian, including medicine, love, hunting, fishing, war, self-protection, destruction of enemies, witchcraft, the crops, the council, the ball play, etc., and, in fact, embodying almost the whole of the ancient religion of the Cherokees.