Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Academy Notes Alfred Concanen amusing Anecdotes Artists Author beautiful began Besant and James bishop CHAPTER CHATTO cloth extra cloth gilt cried Paul cried Virginia Crown 8vo curate Demy 8vo English Engravings Essay exact thinkers exact thought shows eyes Facsimile Fcap Frederic Harrison gilt edges ginia glorious Guy Waterman half of Humanity Harriet Martineau hell Henry Kingsley higher pleasures History holy illustrated boards immoral James Rice John Ruskin John Saunders Justin McCarthy laws of matter look manity microcosm is viewed missing link moral nature never novel numerous Illustrations old woman once original Ouida Piccadilly Novels Plates Poems Portrait Post 8vo printed Professor Clifford Professor Huxley Professor Tyndall Prose Ready-Money Mortiboy religion Second Edition sense Small 8vo solemn soon Stories sublime theology thing Thomas Three Vols tion Translated truth unspeakably happy volume whilst wife Wilkie Collins WlLKIE
5. oldal - HORSLEY, MARKS, NICHOLLS, Sir NOEL PATON, PICKERSGILL, G. SMITH, MARCUS STONE, SOLOMON, STRAIGHT, EM WARD, and WARREN. All engraved on Steel in the highest style of Art. Edited, with Notices of the Artists, by SYDNEY ARMYTAGE, MA " This book is well got up, and good engravings by Jeens, L-umb Stocks, and others, bring back to us Royal Academy Exhibitions of past years.
11. oldal - Tobacco : Its History and Associations ; with an Account of the Plant and its Manufacture, and its Modes of Use in all Ages and Countries. By F. W. FAIRHOLT, FSA With Coloured Frontispiece and upwards of 100 Illustrations by the Author. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, js.
11. oldal - GEORGE CRUIKSHANK. Both Series Complete. " The illustrations of this volume . . . are of quite sterling and admirable art, of a class precisely parallel in elevation to the character of the tales which they illustrate; and the original etchings, as I have before said in the Appendix to my ' Elements of Drawing,' were unrivalled, in masterfulness of touch since Rembrandt (in some qualities of delineation, unrivalled even by him).
11. oldal - German Popular Stories. Collected by the Brothers GRIMM, and Translated by EDGAR TAYLOR. Edited with an Introduction by JOHN RUSKIN. With 22 Illustrations after the inimitable designs of GEORGE CRUIKSHANK. Both Series Complete. " The illustrations of this volume . . . are of quite sterling and admirable art, of a class precisely parallel in elevation to the character of the tales which they illustrate; and the original etchings, as I have before said in the Appendix to my * Elements of Drawing...
9. oldal - Emanuel.— On Diamonds and Precious Stones ; their History, Value, and Properties ; with Simple Tests for ascertaining their Reality. By HARRY EMANUEL, FRGS With numerous Illustrations, Tinted and Plain. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, with Illustrations, -js.
32. oldal - Magician's Own Book : Performances with Cups and Balls, Eggs, Hats, Handkerchiefs, &c. All from Actual Experience. Edited by WH CREMER.
36. oldal - Thackerayana : Notes and Anecdotes. Illustrated by a profusion of Sketches by WILLIAM MAKEPEACE THACKERAY, depicting Humorous Incidents in his School-life, and Favourite Characters in the books of his everyday reading. With Hundreds of Wood Engravings, facsimiled from Mr.
30. oldal - Plutarch's Lives of Illustrious Men. Translated from the Greek, with Notes Critical and Historical, and a Life of Plutarch, by JOHN and WILLIAM LANGHORNE.
17. oldal - Conflicts of Capital and Labour Historically and Economically considered. Being a History and Review of the Trade Unions of Great Britain, showing their Origin, Progress, Constitution, and Objects, in their Political, Social, Economical, and Industrial Aspects.