Horæ Mosaicæ: Or, A View of the Mosaical Records, with Respect to Their Coincidence with Profane Antiquity; Their Internal Credibility; and Their Connection with Christianity: Comprehending the Substance of Eight Lectures Read Before the University of Oxford, in the Year 1801; Pursuant to the Will of the Late Rev. John Bampton, A.M.
University Press, for the author, 1801 - 355 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according againſt alſo ancient appears aſſerts authentic Author bear became believe called caſe cauſe CHAP circumſtance conſequently conſidered creation deity deluge derived deſcendants divine earth Egypt Egyptians equally event facts fame fire firſt flood fons gives Gods Greeks hand heaven Hence Hift hiſtory immediately Italy Jews kind king land language leſs likewiſe Lord mankind manner mentioned Moſes moſt mountain muſt narrative nature never Noah object obſerved once original Pagan paſſage Patriarch Pentateuch perhaps period perſon preſent preſerved probable race reaſon received relate religion remains remarkable reſemblance reſpecting rites ſaid ſame ſays Scripture SECT ſeems ſerpent ſhall ſhould ſimilar ſome ſon ſtate ſtill ſuch ſufficient ſuppoſed theſe things thoſe tion took tradition truth univerſal unto uſe various waters whole worſhip δε και
148. oldal - God had •determined to bring upon the earth at once, " the windows of heaven were opened, and the fountains of the great deep broken up.
332. oldal - When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand to tread my courts?
16. oldal - All the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
332. oldal - And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you : yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear : your hands arc full of blood.
177. oldal - I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
262. oldal - And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth ? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I, the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.
261. oldal - And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice : for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.
313. oldal - And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the Lord their God.