Sacred Biography, Or, The History of the Patriarchs: To which is Added the History of Deborah, Ruth, and Hannah, and Also the History of Jesus Christ , Being a Course of Lectures Delivered at the Scotch [i.e. Scots] Church, London Wall, 3. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
affection angels appear attention authority become beginning behold believed blessed body bring called character child Christian common conduct death disciples divine duty earth event evil expression eyes faith Father feel female flesh give given glory grace hand happy hath heart heaven holy honour hope human importance instruction interest Israel Jesus Christ judge kind king kingdom land LECTURE light living look Lord means meet mind mother nature never object observe once parent pass peace perfect person poor praise present promise prophet Providence reason received religion respect Ruth sacred saith Scripture servant soul spirit stand temple tender thee things thou tion truth unto virtue whole wisdom wise woman wonder
89. oldal - ... The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the broken-hearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised; to preach the acceptable year of the Lord.
177. oldal - When Jesus then lifted up his eyes, and saw a great company come unto him, he saith unto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eat?
144. oldal - Now the next day, that followed the day of the preparation, the chief priests and Pharisees came together unto Pilate, saying, " Sir, we remember that that deceiver said, while he was yet alive, After three days I will rise again. Command therefore that the sepulchre be made sure until the third day, lest his disciples come by night, and steal him away, and say unto the people, He is risen from the dead : so the last error shall be worse than the first.
6. oldal - And it came to pass, that after three days they found him in the temple, sitting in the midst of the doctors, both hearing them, and asking them questions. And all that heard him were astonished at his understanding and answers.
133. oldal - And when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen ; and poured out the changers...
17. oldal - Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun : but if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all ; yet let him remember the days of darkness ; for they shall be many.
7. oldal - And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son ; in thee I am well pleased.
9. oldal - His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever he saith unto you, do it. And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. Jesus saith unto them, Fill the water-pots with water.