A Brief View of the Doctrines of the Christian Religion as Professed by the Society of Friends: In the Form of Question and Answer, for the Instruction of Youth
W. Phillips, 1810 - 111 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abraham according Acts Adam angels answered appear baptized Behold believe blessed blood body born bring called Christ Jesus Christian command created dead death devil divine earth eternal evil eyes faith Father fear flesh fruit gave give given glory gospel grace hand hath heard heart heaven Holy Spirit Isaiah Israel Jesus Christ John kingdom knowledge land light live Lord Lord thy Matt mind Moses nature offered perfect Peter pray prayer preach priest promise Proofs prophets Psal raised received rest righteousness saith the Lord saved Saviour say unto saying Scriptures seen sent sins soul speak stand suffer thee thine things Thou art thou hast Thou shalt thy seed took tree unto walk wherein witness worship written
43. oldal - The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me ; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek ; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound ; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God ; to comfort all that mourn...
33. oldal - Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work : but the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God : in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates...
73. oldal - Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him ; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. 21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
90. oldal - By stretching forth thine hand to heal ; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
78. oldal - Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord...
32. oldal - Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law. But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
45. oldal - But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife ; for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
92. oldal - God: and, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water, but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
31. oldal - God for us : nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others : (for then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world) but now once, in the end of the world, hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.