Discourses Preached at the Temple Church, and on Several Occasions: To which are Added Discourses on the Use and Intent of Prophecy, Together with Dissertations: a Charge to the Clergy of the Diocese of London, a Letter on the Earthquake in MDCCL, and the Trial of the Witnesses of the Resurrection of Jesus
Clarendon Press, 1812
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
actions againſt anſwer Apoſtle appear ariſe authority becauſe believe body caſe charity Chriſt Chriſtian comfort coming common concerned condition conſequence conſider dead death duty effect evidence evil expect faith Father fear finners firſt follows give given glory goodneſs Goſpel guilt hand heart himſelf honour hopes iniquity innocent itſelf judge judgment juſtice kind labour live look Lord matter means mind moſt muſt nature never obedience offended ourſelves particular perfect perſon pleaſure poor preſent principle proper providence puniſhment purpoſe reaſon receive religion reſpect reward rich righteous rule ſaid ſame Saviour ſay ſee ſenſe ſerve ſet ſhall ſhew ſhould ſin ſince ſome ſpeak Spirit ſtand ſtate ſubject ſuch ſuffer ſuppoſe terrors themſelves theſe things thoſe thought tion true truth underſtanding unto uſe vice virtue wicked wiſdom
68. oldal - Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling : for it is God that worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
35. oldal - In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. His going forth is from the end of the heaven, And his circuit unto the ends of it : And there is nothing hid from the heat thereof.
441. oldal - ... .which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places., (far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named not only in this world, but also in that which is to come...
345. oldal - Verily I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city.
161. oldal - A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.
35. oldal - There is no speech nor language, Where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun...
296. oldal - And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.
441. oldal - ... far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.
177. oldal - Let him that stole steal no more; but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
344. oldal - And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent: because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.