Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Allen answered anxious asked bathing machines bless Books Published brother officers Captain Travanne Catalogue of Books Cavendish Square CHARLES DICKENS chidden child Claris Craven Claris looked Claris's cold cried dear Bridget dear Claris dear Major Talbot door exclaimed eyes face fear feeling felt Gil Talbot girl gone groomsman Guildford hand happy HARRY HIEOVER heard heart Heaven hope husband JAMES WHITE knew lady laugh leave letter lips lover loving grass Madam mamma marriage married Marseilles mind Miss Claris mother never once pale poor Claris pride Published by T. C. racter regiment reply sake Selina Sergeant-Major sister SLAVE COAST smile soldier sorrow Southampton speak spoke steward sure T. C. Newby tarlatan tears tell thing thought told tone Travanne's turned uttered vanne watching Welbeck Street whilst whispered wife wish woman word young
259. oldal - In addition to the immense mass of practical and useful information with which this work abounds, there is a refreshing buoyancy and dash about the style, which makes it as attractive and fascinating as the pages of the renowned Nimrod himself.
258. oldal - When Harry Hieover gives hints to Horsemen, he does not mean by that term riders exclusively, but owners, breeders, buyers, sellers, and admirers of horses. To teach such men how to make money is to impart no valueless instruction to a large class of mankind. The advice is frankly given, and if no benefit result, it will not be for the want of good counsel.
263. oldal - Fourth Edition, 4s. THE BEE-KEEPER'S GUIDE BY JH PAYNE, ESQ. " The best and most concise treatise on the management of bees. — Quarterly Review. In 1 Vol. 10s. 6d. A HISTORY OF THE KINGS OF JUDAH. BY LADY CHATTERTON. " No Protestant family should be without this excellent work.
255. oldal - It will excellently prepare the student for the uses of the vases in the British Museum."— Spectator. "Great pains, fine taste, and large expense are evident. It does infinite credit to the enterprising publisher.
255. oldal - This new publication may be added to a series of works which honorably characterize the present age, infusing a knowledge of things into a branch of learning which too often consisted of a knowledge of mere words, and furnishing the general student with information which was once exclusively confined to the professed archaeologist. As a last commendation to this elegant book, let us add that it touches on no point that can exclude it from the hands of youth.
247. oldal - In 2 vols. post 8vo., price 21s. NAPLES, POLITICAL, SOCIAL, AND RELIGIOUS. BY LORD B«»»*» "The pictures are as lively and bright as the colours and climate they reflect." — Spectator. "It is a rapid, clear historical sketch.
249. oldal - In 1 vol., price 2s. 6d. DRAWINGROOM CHARADES FOR ACTING. By C. WARREN ADAMS, EsQ. " A valuable addition to Christmas diversions. It consists of a number of well-constructed scenes for charades.
247. oldal - The subject is one of European interest." — Illustrated Times. " A book of greater interest has not come under our notice for many years.
254. oldal - MILEY supports his positions with a plentitude and profundity of learning, a force and massive power of reasoning, a perspicuity of logical prowess, and a felicity of illustration, rarely met in existence amongst historians of any age.
250. oldal - We may, with perfect truth affirm that during the last fifty years there has been no book of such peculiar interest to the literary and political world. It has contributions from every person of literary reputation — Byron, Sir E. Bulwer, who contributes an original Poem, James, D'Israeli, Marryatt, Savage Landor, Campbell, LEL, the Smiths, Shelley, Jenkyn, Sir W.