Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action administration Alexandria allowed amount appears Arab arrangement Barrage battle Book Britain British brought Cairo Canal CHAPTER Christians Church Colonel complete consideration construction Coptic Copts course Courts Crown 8vo Cyprus death debt defeat Department Derwishes Edition Egypt Egyptian England English estimated existing fact footnote force France French given Government Greek hand History Illustrations improvement increased interest island Italy John Khartum killed land late latter least less Lord loss Mahdiists Maps March ment miles month Muhammad native nature necessary Nile occupation officers Omdurman originally Pacha Plates Portrait position practically present prisoners probably provinces Public question recently regard remained Report respect schools Story Suakin success Sudan taken Text tion Translated troops Tunis vols whole writer
333. oldal - DEAD SHOT (THE): or, Sportsman's Complete Guide. Being a Treatise on the Use of the Gun, with Rudimentary and Finishing Lessons in the Art of Shooting Game of all kinds.
329. oldal - WHERE THREE EMPIRES MEET: a Narrative of Recent Travel in Kashmir, Western Tibet, Baltistan, Ladak, Gilgit, and the adjoining Countries. With a Map and 54 Illustrations. Cr. Svo., 35. 6d. THE 'FALCON' ON THE BALTIC: a Voyage from London to Copenhagen in a Three-Tonner.
329. oldal - WESTERN ALPS: the Alpine Region, South of the Rhone Valley, from the Col de Tenda to the Simplon Pass. With 9 New and Revised Maps. Crown 8vo., I21. net. HINTS AND NOTES, PRACTICAL AND SCIENTIFIC, FOR TRAVELLERS IN THE ALPS: being a Revision of the General Introduction to the ' Alpine Guide '. Crown 8vo., 31.
328. oldal - Romanes.— THE LIFE AND LETTERS OF GEORGE JOHN ROMANES, MA, LL.D., FRS Written and Edited by his Wife. With Portrait and 2 Illustrations. Cr. 8vo., 6s.
333. oldal - Cr. 8vo., gilt edges, 31. net. Hutchinson. — THE BOOK OF GOLF AND GOLFERS. By HORACE G. HUTCHINSON. With Contributions by Miss AMY PASCOE, HH HILTON, JH TAYLOR, H. J. WHIGHAM, and Messrs. SUTTON & SONS. With 71 Portraits from Photographs. Large crown 8vo., gilt top, 75.
336. oldal - THE SCIENCE OF LANGUAGE, Founded on Lectures delivered at the Royal Institution in 1861 and 1863. 2 vols. Crown 8vo. , a1s. BIOGRAPHIES OF WORDS, AND THE HOME OF THE ARYAS. Crown 8vo., Max Miiller (P.)— continued. THREE LECTURES ON THE SCIENCE OF LANGUAGE, AND ITS PLACE IN GENERAL EDUCATION, delivered at Oxford, 1889.
334. oldal - Park. — THE GAME OF GOLF. By WILLIAM PARK, Jun., Champion Golfer, 1887-89. With 17 Plates and 26 Illustrations in the Text. Crown 8vo., 75.
334. oldal - Paganism ; Judaism ; and Christianity down to the Closing of the Schools of Athens by Justinian, 529 AD 8vo., 14$.
325. oldal - Vol. II. — To the Union of the Old and New Companies under the Earl of Godolphin's Award, 1708. 8vo., 16s. Ingram. — A CRITICAL EXAMINATION OF IRISH HISTORY. From the Elizabethan Conquest to the Legislative Union of 1800. By T. DUNBAR INGRAM, LL.D. 2 vols. 8vo., 24s.
334. oldal - Sea- Fisherman: comprising the Chief Methods of Hook and Line Fishing in the British and other Seas, a glance at Nets, and remarks on Boats and Boating. Second Edition, enlarged, with 80 Woodcuts. Post 8vo. 12s. Gd. The Fly- Fisher's Entomology. By ALFRED RONALDS. With coloured Representations of the Natural and Artificial Insect.