The Confession of Faith and Form of Covenant of the Old South Church: In Boston, Massachusetts, with Lists of the Founders, the Pastors, the Ruling Elders and Deacons, and the Members
Crocker and Brewster, 1841 - 88 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abigail accepted according admission apply appointed authority believers blood body C H A called Christian church commands common communion confession conscience conversation corruption counsel covenant creatures Deacon death dismission doctrine doth duty effectually Elder elect Eliza Elizabeth eternal everlasting evil faith fall Father fear give glory God’s gospel grace Hannah hath heart holy Holy Ghost Jane Jesus Christ John Joseph judge judgment July June justified known liberty light lives Lord Jesus Lucy Lydia manner March March 27 Mary Mary Ann means nature necessary obedience obligations pastor perfect person pleased profession promise providence Rebecca received religious renewed repentance revealed righteousness rule sacrament salvation Samuel Sarah saving Sept sincere sins souls SOUTH CHURCH Spirit substance Susan taken Testament therein thereof thereunto things Thomas true truth unto Voted whole worship
19. oldal - God, yet notwithstanding, our full persuasion and assurance of the infallible truth and Divine authority thereof is from the inward work of the Holy Spirit, bearing witness by and with the Word in our hearts.
23. oldal - God from all eternity did by the most wise and holy counsel of his own will, freely and unchangeably ordain whatsoever comes to pass : yet so as thereby neither is God the author of sin, nor is violence offered to the will of the creatures, nor is the liberty or contingency of second causes taken away, but rather established.
65. oldal - The bodies of men, after death, return to dust, and see corruption; but their souls (which neither die nor sleep), having an immortal subsistence, immediately return to God who gave them. The souls of the righteous, being then made perfect in holiness, are received into the highest heavens, where they behold the face of God in light and glory, waiting for the full redemption of their bodies...
13. oldal - Confession of Faith Owned and consented unto by the Elders and Messengers of the Churches Assembled at Boston in New-England, May 12, 1680.
24. oldal - Christ unto everlasting glory, out of his mere free grace and love, without any foresight of faith or good works, or perseverance in either of them, or any other thing in the creature, as conditions or causes moving, him thereunto ; and all to the praise of his glorious grace.
66. oldal - As Christ would have us to be certainly persuaded that there shall be a judgment, both to deter all men from sin, and for the greater consolation of the godly in their adversity ; so will he have that day unknown to men, that they may shake off all carnal security, and be always watchful, because they know not at what hour the Lord will come, and may be ever prepared to say, Come Lord Jesus, come quickly. Amen.
50. oldal - God alone is Lord of the conscience, and hath left it free from the doctrines and commandments of men which are in any thing contrary to his word, or beside it, in matters of faith or worship.
24. oldal - As God hath appointed the elect unto glory, so hath he, by the eternal and most free purpose of his will, foreordained all the means thereunto. Wherefore, they who are elected, being fallen in Adam, are redeemed by Christ, are effectually called unto faith in Christ, by his Spirit working in due season, are justified, adopted, sanctified, and kept by his power, through faith unto salvation. Neither are any other redeemed by Christ, effectually called, justified, adopted, sanctified and saved, but...
53. oldal - Sabbath, to be kept holy unto him: which, from the beginning of the world to the resurrection of Christ, was the last day of the week; and, from the resurrection of Christ, was changed into the first day of the week, which in Scripture is called the Lord's Day, and is to be continued to the end of the world, as the Christian Sabbath.