Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Africa American appear become British called carry cent century Chamberlain Christian Cleveland Colonial Commission condition Congress Continued course December election Empire England English fact field force foreign France French German give gold hand House important increase interest Italy January Jews John labor land least less letters living London Lord Magazine matter means months nature never November once party passed persons political position possible practical present President Professor question race recent reform regard relations Representatives result Review Rhodes rule Russia says seems Senate silver social South story Sultan taken things tion true United University vote whole writes York
403. oldal - SHE walks in beauty, like the night Of cloudless climes and starry skies ; And all that's best of dark and bright Meet in her aspect and her eyes : Thus mellow'd to that tender light Which heaven to gaudy day denies.
91. oldal - I may, however, anticipate future conclusions, so far as to state that in a community regulated only by laws of demand and supply, but protected from open violence, the persons who become rich are, generally speaking, industrious, resolute, proud, covetous, prompt, methodical, sensible, unimaginative, insensitive, and ignorant. The persons who remain poor are the entirely foolish, the entirely wise, the idle, the reckless, the humble, the thoughtful, the dull, the imaginative, the sensitive, the...
210. oldal - And the Lord said unto Jehu, Because thou hast done well in executing that which is right in Mine eyes, and hast done unto the house of Ahab according to all that was in Mine heart, thy children of the fourth generation shall sit on the throne of Israel.
354. oldal - Romanes. — THE LIFE AND LETTERS OF GEORGE JOHN ROMANES, MA, LL.D., FRS Written and Edited by his Wife. With Portrait and 2 Illustrations. Cr. 8vo., 6s.
319. oldal - The writers on natural law have questioned how far that peculiar species of presumption, arising from the lapse of time, which is called prescription, is justly applicable as between nation and nation; but the constant and approved practice of nations shows that by whatever name it be called, the uninterrupted possession of territory or other property for a certain length of time by one state excludes the claim of every other in the same manner as, by the law of nature and the municipal code of every...
327. oldal - Whereas it has pleased Almighty God to call to His mercy our late sovereign lord, King William the Fourth, of blessed and glorious memory, by whose decease the imperial crown of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland is solely and rightfully come to the high and mighty Princess Alexandrina Victoria...