Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Adventures ALPHABET ANIMALS arms Author battle Beeton's beneath blood boards bound BOY'S brave breath cloth gilt cold Coloured Coloured Pictures comes cried crown dead death deep earth England English Engravings eyes face fair fear forest full-page gave gazed give glory gone grave green hand hath head hear heard heart heaven hero hold Honour Illustrations John king land light Little living LOCK London look lord man's mighty monarch never night NURSERY NURSERY RHYMES o'er once PICTURE BOOK plain Plates poor PRETTY pride rise Robin Hood Rock rolled round royal Salisbury Square seems seen Series Shilling shore soul sound stand stood Stories sweet tell thee thing thou thought thousand turned Twas voice WARD warrior waves wild wind wish young
39. oldal - THE Assyrian came down like the wolf on the fold, And his cohorts were gleaming in purple and gold; And the sheen of their spears was like stars on the sea, When the blue wave rolls nightly on deep Galilee.
107. oldal - We thought as we hollowed his narrow bed And smoothed down his lonely pillow, That the foe and the stranger would tread o'er his head, And we far away on the billow ! Lightly they'll talk of the spirit that's gone And o'er his cold ashes upbraid him, — But little he'll reck, if they let him sleep on In the grave where a Briton has laid him.
40. oldal - And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still! And there lay the steed with his nostril all wide, But through it there roll'd not the breath of his pride; And the foam of his gasping lay white on the turf, And cold as the spray of the rock-beating surf.
101. oldal - A thousand spurs are striking deep, a thousand spears in rest, A thousand knights are pressing close behind the snow-white crest ; And in they burst, and on they rushed, while like a guiding star, Amidst the thickest carnage blazed the helmet of Navarre.
107. oldal - NOT a drum was heard, not a funeral note, As his corse to the rampart we hurried : Not a soldier discharged his farewell shot O'er the grave where our hero we buried.
101. oldal - And if my standard-bearer fall, as fall full well he may, For never saw I promise yet of such a bloody fray, Press where ye see my white plume shine...
70. oldal - Tis morn, but scarce yon level sun Can pierce the war-clouds, rolling dun, Where furious Frank and fiery Hun Shout in their sulph'rous canopy. The combat deepens. On, ye brave, Who rush to glory or the grave ! Wave, Munich, all thy banners wave, And charge with all thy chivalry.
100. oldal - Who God doth late and early pray More of his grace than gifts to lend; And entertains the harmless day With a...
119. oldal - War, he sung, is toil and trouble, Honour but an empty bubble; Never ending, still beginning, Fighting still, and still destroying; If the world be worth thy winning, Think, O think, it worth enjoying: Lovely Thais sits beside thee, Take the good the gods provide thee!