amongst apostle appear believe body called cause cere cerning character Christian church concerning condition conduct conscience conversion course death of Christ degree devotion discourse disposition Divine doctrine duty effect efficacy endeavours evil expressions expressly faith Father feel flesh God's grace habit happiness hath heart heaven Holy Holy Spirit hope human idolatry importance influence Israel Jesus Christ Jews John ligion lives Lord Lord's mankind Matt mean meditation mercy mind moral motives nature necessary ness never object observe occasions ourselves particular perceive person Pharisee portunities pray prayer preach present principle racter reason rection regard religion religious repentance rule Saint James Saint John Saint Paul Saint Peter salvation Saviour Scripture sense serious sincere sins sion soul speak Spirit things thou thoughts tion true truth unto vices vile body virtue whilst words worship
140. oldal - Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached.
407. oldal - And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand ''talents. ^But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
115. oldal - Wherefore I say unto thee, Her sins, which are many, are forgiven; for she loved much: but to whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.
408. oldal - And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, 'Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?' 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, 'Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. * For 34 chapter 9: 43 the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.
89. oldal - And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt be near unto me, thou and thy children, and thy children's children, and thy flocks and thy herds, and all that thou hast. And there will I nourish thee (for yet there are five years of famine), lest thou, and thy household, and all that thou hast, come to poverty.
130. oldal - Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness, not in chambering and wantonness, not in strife and envying. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof.
412. oldal - And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness : for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.
410. oldal - And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices. And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.