Oriental customs: or, An illustration of the Sacred scriptures by an explanatory application of the customs and manners of the Eastern nations, 1. kötet
Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, 1812
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according alluded allusion ancient appears Arabs body brought called carried cause ceremony Chardin Christ circumstance cloth common considered continued court covered custom dead death describes earth East eastern Egypt expression eyes feast feet figure fire four frequently gate give given Greeks ground hand HARMER head honour horse instance Jews kind king light living Lord manner mark means mentioned method natural observed occasion offered original particular pass passage Persian person pieces practice present prince probably prophet receive refers relates remarkable respect Romans sacred says scriptures seal seems sent servants side signifies sometimes sort speaking stone supposed taken tells temple thing thou tion Travels trees unto usual walls whole wine women writing
310. oldal - I say unto you, Though he will not rise and give him, because he is his friend, yet because of his importunity he will rise and give him as many as he needeth.
348. oldal - And they that were with me saw indeed the light, and were afraid ; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
314. oldal - And he said unto him, Thy brother is come ; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
141. oldal - In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened. And the doors shall be shut in the streets when the sound of the grinding is low...
307. oldal - And he turned to the woman, and said unto Simon, Seest thou this woman ? I entered into thine house, thou gavest me no water for my feet: but she hath washed my feet with tears, and wiped them with the hairs of her head.
222. oldal - This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it ; because the Lord, the God of Israel, hath entered in by it, therefore it shall be shut.
161. oldal - For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds: I will be like the most High.
79. oldal - So Ahab went up to eat and to drink. And Elijah went up to the top of Carmel; and he cast himself down upon the earth, and put his face between his knees, and said to his servant, Go up now, look toward the sea.