Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
absentee amount appears argument authority believe bills called capital Catholic cause chambre Christians Church commodities consequence consider continued corn cultivation dans Decalogue demand députés doctrine droit effect England English equal established evidence exchange existence exports fact feelings foreign France French give given important increase instance institution interest Ireland Irish Jesus keep labor land landlord less Letter leurs living Lord manufacturer means measure mind nature necessary never oath object observance opinion parlement Parliament persons political present principles produce profit Protestant quantity question raised reason received religion rent respect rest rois Roman Catholic Royal Sabbath suppose sure taken thing tion trade true wealth whole
169. oldal - And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, (ready to depart on the morrow) and continued his speech until midnight.
528. oldal - Therefore, prepare thee to cut off the flesh. Shed thou no blood ; nor cut thou less, nor more, But just a pound of flesh : if thou tak'st more, Or less, than a just pound, — be it but so much As makes it light, or heavy, in the substance, Or the division of the twentieth part Of one poor scruple ; nay, if the scale do turn But in the estimation of a hair, — Thou diest, and all thy goods are confiscate.
488. oldal - That no testimony is sufficient to establish a miracle, unless the testimony be of such a kind that its falsehood would be more miraculous than the fact which it endeavours to establish.
163. oldal - For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things, " that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication, from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well.
521. oldal - Ye have the account Of my performance : what remains, ye gods ! But up, and enter now into full bliss ?" So having said, a while he stood, expecting Their universal shout, and high applause, To fill his ear ; when, contrary, he hears On all sides, from innumerable tongues, A dismal universal hiss, the sound Of public scorn...
166. oldal - And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are : for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.
595. oldal - And will you maintain and preserve inviolably the settlement of the Church of England, and the doctrine, worship, discipline, and government thereof, as by law established in England...
548. oldal - I, AB, do swear that I do from my heart abhor, detest and abjure as impious and heretical this damnable doctrine and position, that Princes excommunicated or deprived by the Pope or any authority of the see of Rome may be deposed or murdered by their subjects or any other whatsoever.
181. oldal - Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever : for in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.