Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Hand-Book of Literature and the Fine Arts: Comprising Complete and Accurate ...
Bayard Taylor,George Ripley
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2015
according action ancient antiquity appears applied architecture body called carried cause celebrated century character Christian church civil color common considered consists containing court denotes derived distinction distinguished divine effect employed England English existence express figure followed former France French give given Greek ground hand head hence honor ideas important Italy kind king known land language latter light literature lived manner means ment military mind nature objects observed officer origin painting particular party performed period Persian person philosophy piece poem poetry poets possession present principal produced received relation religious represented respect rhetoric Roman Rome sense serve signifies sometimes sound species stone style supposed term things tion usually various whole writing
196. oldal - Towards the end of the seventeenth and the beginning of the eighteenth centuries, cocoa was largely and successfully cultivated, but in 1725 a blight fell upon the plantations.
143. oldal - O thou king, the most high God gave Nebuchadnezzar thy father a kingdom and majesty and glory and honour. And for the majesty that he gave him all people, nations, and languages trembled and feared before him; whom he would he slew, and whom he would he kept alive, and whom he would he set up, and whom he would he put down.
112. oldal - And will you preserve unto the bishops and " clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to " their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do " or shall appertain unto them, or any of them ? — King " or queen. All this I promise to do.
480. oldal - Its great tendency and purpose is, to carry the mind beyond and above the beaten, dusty, weary walks of ordinary life; to lift it into a purer element, and to breathe into it more profound and generous emotion.
112. oldal - Will you to the utmost of your power maintain the laws of God, the true profession of the gospel, and the protestant reformed religion established by law ? And will you preserve unto the bishops and clergy of this realm, and to the churches committed to their charge, all such rights and privileges as by law do or shall appertain unto them, or any of them? — King or queen. All this I promise to do.
223. oldal - If I doubt of all other things, that very doubt makes me perceive my own existence, and will not suffer me to doubt of that.
480. oldal - It delights in the beauty and sublimity of the outward creation and of the soul. It indeed portrays with terrible energy the excesses of the passions ; but they are passions which show a mighty nature, which are full of power, which command awe, and excite a deep though shuddering sympathy.
196. oldal - ... is not completely developed, though many moderns have closely investigated the subject, and described their processes. As the thing chiefly regarded in encaustic painting was the securing of permanence and durability, by the application of fire, the word encaustic...
72. oldal - Eliz. c. 18, is declared to be exactly the same, is with us at this day created by the mere delivery of the king's great seal into his custody, whereby he becomes, without writ or patent, an officer of the greatest weight and power of any now subsisting in the kingdom ; and superior in point of precedency to every temporal lord.