Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
adopted Annual appointed Association attention Bart Bill Board body brought carried Commission Committee condition Congress consideration considered Council Court criminal Department deputation desirable direction discussion Earl ECONOMY effect enacted England establishment examination existing favour foreign further George give Government Hastings Health held House of Commons important improvement inquiry interest introduced issued James John JURISPRUDENCE AND AMENDMENT labours Law Amendment legislation LL.D London Lord Brougham Lord John Russell means measure meeting memorial ment objects obtained opinion passed period persons practical prepared presented President principle prison promoting providing question received recommendations reference reforms regard relating representatives resolution Right Right Hon Royal sanitary schools Science Secretary sent Sessional Proceedings social Society Standing subsequently suggestions taken Thomas tion Trade Transactions urged valuable various Vict whole xxxvii
80. oldal - ... shall not render competent any party to any suit, action, or proceeding individually named in the record, or any lessor of the plaintiff, or tenant of premises sought to be recovered in ejectment, or the landlord or other person in whose right any defendant in replevin may make cognizance, or any person in whose immediate and individual behalf any action may be brought or defended, either wholly or in part...
53. oldal - I ventured to propose the appointment of a committee to prepare and report to the Association the Outlines of an International Code, with the view of having a complete Code formed, after careful revision and amendment, and then presented to the attention of governments, in the hope of its receiving, at some time, their sanction.
42. oldal - At the meeting of the Association for the Reform and Codification of the Laws of Nations at Cologne, Prussia, in 1881, the question of regulating time on the new system was considered and resolutions moved.
164. oldal - Subscription is payable in advance on the first day of August in each year. Officers and Government. IX. The Association has a President, Vice-Presidents, Presidents and Vice-Presidents of Departments, a President of Council, a General Secretary, a Treasurer or Treasurers, Foreign Secretary, and Secretaries of Departments, who are annually elected, and hold office until the appointments of the following year are made. X. The Association is governed by a Council, and by an Executive Committee, subject...
114. oldal - Whereas various portions of many cities and boroughs are so built, and the buildings thereon are so densely inhabited, as to be highly injurious to the moral and physical welfare of the inhabitants...
79. oldal - WHEREAS the inquiry after truth in courts of justice is often obstructed by incapacities created by the present law, and it is desirable that full information as to the facts in issue, both in criminal and in civil cases, should be laid before the persons who are appointed to decide upon them, and that such persons should exercise their judgment on the credit of the witnesses adduced and on the truth of their testimony...
59. oldal - In any cause, suit, or proceeding, other than a proceeding in bankruptcy, tried or heard in any county court, and in which any person aggrieved has a right of appeal, it shall be lawful for any person aggrieved by the ruling, order, direction, or decision of the Judge, at any time within eight days after the same shall have been made or given ; to appeal against such ruling, order, direction, or decision by motion...
21. oldal - The National Association for the Promotion of Social Science (with which is united the Society for Promoting the Amendment of the Law).
28. oldal - Oberschall,2 was to aid the development of Social Science, and to guide the public mind to the best practical means of promoting...