Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able actions againſt appear behold better bread brought called carried caſe cauſe character charity comfort common compaſſion concern condition conſidered creature doubt duty effect evidence evil examine expectations fact fall favour firſt force fortune give hand happens happineſs hard heart himſelf houſe human imagine inſtance intereſt itſelf juſt kind laſt leaſt leave light live look Lord man's manner matter mind moſt muſt nature never obſervable occaſion pains particular paſſed paſſions pity pleaſure principle prophet prove purpoſe reaſon reflections religion ſaid ſame Saviour ſay ſee ſeems ſenſe SERMON ſet ſhall ſhe ſhould ſome ſtand ſtill ſtory ſubject ſuch ſuffer themſelves theſe things thoſe thou thought tion true truſt truth turn unto virtue wants whole whoſe widow wiſe wiſhed
19. oldal - Then I looked on all the works that my hands had wrought, and on the labour that I had laboured to do: and, behold, all was vanity and vexation of spirit, and there was no profit under the sun.
50. oldal - There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor. The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds : but the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children ; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom and was unto him as a daughter.
50. oldal - And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man's lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
1. oldal - In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
23. oldal - It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart.
8. oldal - Ambition takes him by the hand and carries him into the world, shows him all the kingdoms of the earth and the glory of them, — points out the many ways of advancing his fortune and...
158. oldal - Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick : and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither.
49. oldal - Try me, O God, and seek the ground of my heart ; prove me, and examine my thoughts. Look well if there be any way of wickedness in me ; and lead me in the way everlasting.
61. oldal - The man that hath no music in himself, Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils ; The motions of his spirit are dull as night, And his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted.