Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Abbat Abbey ancient appear beads belonged Bishop body bones British broken bronze building carried century character church circular coffin collection colour considerable Convent covered decoration described diameter discovered discovery doubt dwellings engraved evidence examples exhibited existing fact feet figures floor four fragments give given glass gold grave ground hand handle head height House inches interesting interment iron John kind King known land length less letters lines London lower marble mentioned mosaics Museum nearly noticed objects observed obtained opening original ornamented patterns perfect perhaps period pieces Plate portion present preserved probably referred remains remarkable represented ring Roman Rome says seal seems seen sheath side similar skull slab Society specimen stone surface sword tomb upper vessels Vitalis wall whole
352. oldal - And when they were assembled with the elders, and had taken counsel, they gave large money unto the soldiers, saying, Say ye, His disciples came by night, and stole him away while we slept.
310. oldal - Fair laughs the morn, and soft the zephyr blows While proudly riding o'er the azure realm In gallant trim the gilded vessel goes; Youth on the prow, and pleasure at the helm; Regardless of the sweeping whirlwind's sway, That, hush'd in grim repose, expects his evening prey.
352. oldal - And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time ; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee. 26 He hoped also that money should have been given him of Paul, that he might loose him: wherefore he sent for him the oftener, and communed with him. 27 But after two years Porcius Festus came into Felix' room : and Felix, willing to shew the Jews a pleasure, left Paul bound.
350. oldal - And the soldiers likewise demanded of him, saying, And what shall we do? And he said unto them, Do violence to no man, neither accuse any falsely; and be content with your wages.
386. oldal - OLD Yew, which graspest at the stones That name the underlying dead, Thy fibres net the dreamless head, Thy roots are wrapt about the bones. The seasons bring the flower again, And bring the firstling to the flock; And in the dusk of thee, the clock Beats out the little lives of men.
456. oldal - ... in viis et semitis et in omnibus aliis locis et aliis rebus ad ea pertinentibus cum omnibus libertatibus et liberis consuetudinibus suis sicut prefatus Regin(aldus) ea ipsis dedit et carta sua confirmauit.
291. oldal - ... Vigna Campana in Rome, &c.), are of a purely decorative style, without figures ; while it is very strange, that neither upon the arches of Diocletian's baths, nor upon those of any other edifices of this period, have any traces of a higher class of painting in a material thus durable been discovered. We are almost tempted to believe that historical mosaic painting of the grander style first started into life in the course of the fourth century, and suddenly took its wide spread.
456. oldal - ... in bosco et plano, in pratis et pascuis, in aquis et molendinis, in...
314. oldal - II, in the year 1 766, and fish out the lower jaw-bone of the king. My grandfather received the jaw-bone from the boy, and it is now in my possession. I have often shown it to medical men, who say it is the jaw-bone of a man in the prime of life. There are two teeth remaining in the jaw. On a card attached to the...
456. oldal - Andegavie archiepiscopis episcopis abbatibus comitibus baronibus iusticiariis vicecomitibus senescallis prepositis ballivis et omnibus ministris et fidelibus suis salutem. Sciatis nos concessisse et presenti carta nostra confirmasse divine pietatis intuitu et pro salute anime nostre et animarum omnium antecessorum et successorum nostorum Domui Dei de Suhanton...