Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action amount appears applied battery become beginning body Britain called carried cause cell century charge Church circuit common conductivity conductor connected conquest constant containing copper crown death direction discharge distance Edward effect electricity electrodes electromotive force element energy England English equal established experiments fact foreign France French give given greater hand heat Hence Henry important increase iron Italy kind king kingdom known land later less lines lord magnetic means measure metal method nature nearly Norman observed obtained original parliament passed period persons plates position possession potential practice present produced published quantity reign represented resistance Roman Scotland side succession supposed surface taken temperature theory tion United various vols Wales whole wire
135. oldal - Then the fire of the Lord fell and consumed the burnt sacrifice and the wood and the stones and the dust, and licked up the water that was in the trench.
143. oldal - And in the end, this shall be for me sufficient, that a marble stone shall declare that a Queen, having reigned such a time, lived and died a virgin.
144. oldal - I, that was wont to behold her riding like Alexander, hunting like Diana, walking like Venus, the gentle wind blowing her fair hair about her pure cheeks, like a nymph, sometimes sitting in the shade like a goddess, sometimes singing like an angel, sometimes playing like Orpheus ; behold the sorrow of this world ! once amiss hath bereaved me of all.
208. oldal - It is hardly necessary to add that anything which any insulated body, or system of bodies, can continue to furnish without limitation, cannot possibly be a material substance; and it appears to me to be extremely difficult, if not quite impossible, to form any distinct idea of anything capable of being excited and communicated in the manner the Heat was excited and communicated in these experiments, except it be MOTION.
144. oldal - ... next came the Queen, in the sixty-fifth year of her age, as we were told, very majestic; her face oblong, fair but wrinkled; her eyes small, yet black and pleasant, her nose a little hooked; her lips narrow, and her teeth black...
212. oldal - To each one according to his capacity, to each capacity according to its works.
160. oldal - Employer, or any part thereof, shall be deemed to have feloniously stolen the same from his Master or Employer, although such chattel, money, or security, was not received into the possession of such Master or Employer, otherwise than by the actual possession of his Clerk, Servant, or other person so employed...
208. oldal - From hence it is evident that the Heat produced could not possibly have been furnished at the expense of the latent Heat of the metallic chips.