The Sacred History of the World: As Displayed in the Creation and Subsequent Events to the Deluge. Attempted to be Philosophically Considered in a Series of Letters to a Son, 3. kötet
J. & J. Harper, 1838
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acres acting laws aged one hundred agency amount animal appears arise atheism attained augmentation average baptisms become benefit births blessing bodily causes census Christian civilized continued corn Creator cultivation death Deity desire died diet Divine double earth effect Egypt enlarged existence fact feelings females five four habits half human nature human race improvement increase individual infer instances intellectual intelligent Ireland king kingdom kingdom of Israel kingdom of Prussia labour land laws laws of population LETTER living longevity Lord males Malthus Malthusian mankind marriages married ment mind moral multiply nation natural laws nearly Nebuchadnezzar never numbers occur operation paganism period persons population portion present principle produce proportion quantity ratio reason remarks require Russia Scotland society spirit subsistence supernatural supply thee things third thou tion twenty Univ Vaud vegetable wheat whole
407. oldal - That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked...
436. oldal - Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed his whole work Upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, And the glory of his high looks.
409. oldal - And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth...
430. oldal - And the Lord God of their fathers sent to them by his messengers, rising up betimes, and sending; because he had compassion on his people, and on his dwelling place: but they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the Lord arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
411. oldal - At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it; if that nation against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
440. oldal - Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces.
410. oldal - When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the LORD thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice ; (for the LORD thy God is a merciful God :) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
406. oldal - And the Lord said, Shall I hide from Abraham that thing which I do; seeing that Abraham shall surely become a great and mighty nation, and all the nations of the earth shall be blessed in him ? For I know him, that he will command his children and his household after him, and they shall keep the way of the Lord, to do justice and judgment; that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him.
407. oldal - Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake. And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said, I will not do it, if I find thirty there.