Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
administer Alexander Knox Altar Apostolical Succession assert Athanasian Creed Author Baptism believe Bishops and Priests blessing called Charles Wesley Christ Christian Church of England Clergy COMMUNION Conference confession consecrate conversion Cornwall COVENT GARDEN declare Dissenters doctrine EATON SQUARE Edited by W. J. E. Eigg Episcopal Eucharist Faithful Departed Fathers Froome-Selwood Gospel Holy holy orders honour Hymns J. B. WILKINSON J. M. NEALE J. T. HAYES Jackson's Edition JESUS John Wesley Kingdom Kirkbeck Large Minutes late Rev letter LITTLEDALE Liturgy Lord Lord's Supper LYALL PLACE Methodists Ministers MODERN WESLEYANISM morocco never numbers ordained parish PHILLACK Popery Popish postage Preaching-house Preface Presbyters PSALMS published quoted received religion republished righteousness Sacrament Saints says Scripture Second Edition separate Sermons sins Society speaks Sunday teaching Thee third edition THOMAS AQUINAS Thomas Jackson tion Translated viii volumes W. J. E. BENNETT Walker Wesleyan Methodism Wesleyan Preachers whilst words writes
23. oldal - ... that it may please thee, of thy gracious goodness, shortly to accomplish the number of thine elect, and to hasten thy kingdom; that we, with all those that are departed in the true faith of thy holy name, may have our perfect consummation and bliss, both in body and soul, in thy eternal and everlasting glory; through Jesus Christ our Lord.
42. oldal - In the evening I went very unwillingly to a society in Aldersgate Street, where one was reading Luther's preface to the Epistle to the Romans. About a quarter before nine, while he was describing the change which God works in the heart through faith in Christ, I felt my heart strangely warmed. I felt I did trust in Christ, Christ alone, for salvation; and an assurance was given me that He had taken away my sins, even mine, and saved me from the law of sin and death.
29. oldal - Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
52. oldal - I find more profit in sermons on either good tempers, or good works, than in what are vulgarly called Gospel Sermons. That term is now become a mere cant word : I wish none of our Society would use it. It has no determinate meaning. Let but a pert, self-sufficient animal, that has neither sense nor grace, bawl out something about Christ, or his blood, or justification by faith, and his hearers cry out, " What a fine Gospel Sermon !" Surely the Methodists have not so learned Christ ! We know no gospel...
41. oldal - As to merit itself, of which we have been so dreadfully afraid: we are rewarded, according to our works, yea, because of our works.
44. oldal - ... fear) is the common privilege of Christians, fearing God and working righteousness. Yet I do not affirm there are no exceptions to this general rule. Possibly some may be in the favour of God, and yet go mourning all the day long.
xxiii. oldal - In flat opposition to these, I declare once more, that I live and die a member of the Church of England: and that none who regard my judgment or advice will ever separate from it.
38. oldal - I was utterly ashamed. How have I esteemed this book, only because I heard it so commended by others; or, at best, because I had read some excellent sentences occasionally quoted from it! But what shall I say, now I judge for myself, now I see with my own eyes? Why, not only that the author makes nothing out, clears up not one considerable difficulty; that he is quite shallow in his remarks on many passages, and muddy and confused almost, on all; but that he is deeply tinctured with mysticism throughout,...
xxxii. oldal - We believe there is, and always was, in every Christian church (whether dependent on the bishop of Rome or not), an outward priesthood, ordained by Jesus Christ, and an outward sacrifice offered therein, by men authorised to act as ambassadors of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God.