Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Account admit analogy animal appearance argument astronomers atmosphere believe bodies called causes centre changes CHAPTER Christian clouds comets conclusion condition consider consist creation direction discovered distance doctrine doubt Earth equally Essay Essayist existence Fcap fixed force formation future give globe greater heat heavens Herschel History human Illustrated inhabitants intellectual interesting islands Jupiter laws less light living Lord Lord Rosse maintained manner mass material matter miles millions mind moon motion nature nebulæ never Notes objects observed occupied opinion orbit period philosopher physical planetary planets Plates Plurality of Worlds Portrait Post 8vo present probable produced race reason regarded regions remarkable resolved ring round satellites Saturn says seas Second Edition seen Sir John Solar system solid space sphere stars suppose surface telescope theory Third thousand Translated truth universe Vols Woodcuts
253. oldal - DAVY'S (SiR HUMPHRY) Consolations in Travel ; or, Last Days of a Philosopher. Fifth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. Svo. 6s. Salmonia; or, Days of Fly Fishing. With some Account of the Habits of Fishes belonging to the genus Salmo. Fourth Edition. Woodcuts. Fcap. Svo. 6s. DENNIS' (GEOROE) Cities and Cemeteries of Etruria ; or, the extant Local Remains of Etruscan Art.
121. oldal - Are we the befitting objects of so great and so signal an interposition? Does not the largeness of that field which astronomy lays open to the view of modern science, throw a suspicion over the truth of the gospel history ? and how shall we reconcile the greatness of that wonderful movement which was made in heaven for the redemption of fallen man, with the comparative meanness and obscurity of our species...
230. oldal - And thus might the sun and fixed stars be formed, supposing the matter were of a lucid nature. But how the matter should divide itself into two sorts, and that part of it which is fit to compose a shining body should fall down into one mass and make a sun...
2. oldal - History of Latin Christianity ; including that of the Popes to the Pontificate of Nicholas V.
255. oldal - Handbook of Architecture. Being a Concise and Popular Account of the Different Styles prevailing in all Ages and Countries in the World. With a Description of the most remarkable Buildings.
252. oldal - Life and Times of Titian, with some Account of his Family, chiefly from new and unpublished records. With Portrait and Illustrations. 2 vols. Svo. 42s. GUMMING (R. GORDON). Five Years of a Hunter's Life in the Far Interior of South Africa.
5. oldal - I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded.
262. oldal - JESSE'S (EDWARD) Visits to Spots of Interest in the Vicinity of Windsor and Eton.
86. oldal - The climate of the moon must be very extraordinary : the alternation being that of unmitigated and burning sunshine, fiercer than an equatorial noon, continued for a whole fortnight, and the keenest severity of frost, far exceeding that of our polar winters, for an equal time.