Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
admit appears become believe body called Catholic cause character charge Charles Church common consequence considerable considered continued corn course Court direct doubt duty Edition effect England English equally established evidence existence fact faculty favour feelings foreign France friends give given Government ground hand head Hugonots important individual interest King knowledge land language least less letters Lord manner massacre matter means measure mind minister nature necessary never object observed obtained occasion once opinion organs original party passed persons possible practice present principle probably produce published quarter question readers reason received remarkable respect seems sense supply suppose thing tion true truth Vols whole writer
5. oldal - London's Encyclopaedia of Agriculture: comprising the Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and the Cultivation and Economy of the Productions of Agriculture.
13. oldal - Mrs. Marcet's Conversations on Chemistry, in which the Elements of that Science are familiarly explained and illustrated by Experiments.
10. oldal - COL. HAWKER'S INSTRUCTIONS to YOUNG SPORTSMEN in all that relates to Guns and Shooting.
12. oldal - FIRST STEPS TO BOTANY, Intended as popular Illustrations of the Science, leading to its study as a branch of general education. By JL DRUMMOND, MD 4th Edit. 12mo. with numerous Woodcuts, 9s.
3. oldal - Encyclopaedia of Agriculture ; comprising the Theory and Practice of the Valuation, Transfer, Laying-out, Improvement, and Management of Landed Property, and of the Cultivation and Economy of the Animal and Vegetable Productions of Agriculture; Including all the latest Improvements, a general History of Agriculture in all Countries, a Statistical View of its present State, and Suggestions for its future progress in the British Isles.
243. oldal - That these made war with Bera king of Sodom, and with Birsha king of Gomorrah, Shinab king of Admah, and Shemeber king of Zeboiim, and the king of Bela, which is Zoar.
253. oldal - The Surrender of Napoleon. Being the Narrative of the Surrender of Buonaparte, and of his residence on board HMS Bellerophon...
68. oldal - And though the Greek learning grew in credit amongst the Romans, towards the end of their commonwealth, yet it was the Roman tongue that was made the study of their youth: their own language they were to make use of, and therefore it was their own language they were instructed and exercised in.
68. oldal - But more particularly to determine the proper season for grammar; I do not see how it can reasonably be made any one's study, but as an introduction to rhetoric : when it is thought time to put any one upon the care of polishing his tongue, and of speaking better than the illiterate, then is the time for him to be instructed in the rules of grammar, and not before. For grammar being to teach men not to speak, but to speak correctly, and according to the exact rules of the tongue...