The Apocryphal New Testament, Being All the Gospels, Epistles, and Other Pieces Now Extant Attributed in the First Four Centuries to Jesus Christ, His Apostles, and Their Companions and Not Included in the New Testament, by Its Compilers: Translated from the Original Tongues and Now First Collected Into One Volume
William Hone, 1820 - 271 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Gyakori szavak és kifejezések
able according angel answered appeared asked behold believe bishop blessed body born bring brought building called cast cause CHAP church commanded concerning continue dead death delivered depart desire doubt earth Epistle evil faith Father fear flesh follow fruit gave give given glory Gospel hand hast hath hear heard heart heaven holy Israel Jesus Christ Jews Joseph keep kind king live look Lord Jesus manner Mary mind mother offered Paul peace persons Pilate pray prayer present priests prophet received repent replied rest righteous rods saith saved saying seen sent servant sins soul speak spirit stones suffer temple Thecla thee things thou shalt took tower truth understand unto virgins walk Wherefore whole wicked woman worthy written
121. oldal - Wash you, make you clean ; put away the evil of your doings from before mine eyes; Cease to do evil; learn to do well; Seek judgment, relieve the oppressed, Judge the fatherless, plead for the widow.
142. oldal - Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty. For he maketh sore, and bindeth up : he woundeth, and his hands make whole.
126. oldal - Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest.
126. oldal - Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy loving,kindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me.
76. oldal - And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee.
125. oldal - He was taken from prison, and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation ? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken.
125. oldal - Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him ; he hath put him to grief. When thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied : by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many ; for he shall bear their iniquities.
41. oldal - And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go, and search diligently for the young child, and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
125. oldal - All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
76. oldal - I will come and heal him. , The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldst come under my roof; but speak the word only and my servant shall be healed.