Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according afterwards amongst answer appear archbishop authority bishop brought called Cambridge cause charge Christ church College command common conference court dean death desire died discipline divines doctor doctor of divinity doctrine ecclesiastical effect Eliz England English father favour friends FULLER give given grace hand hath honour Jesuits John judge judgment king James king's land late learned leave letter lived London lord majesty majesty's manner matter means ministers never oath observed opinions Oxford papists parliament party pass persons Prayer preaching present priests prince printed proceedings protestant queen reason received religion rest Rome sent sermon synod taken therein thereof things Thomas thought tion true truth unto Whitgift writing written
277. oldal - Furthermore, we must receive God's promises in such wise, as they be generally set forth to us in Holy Scripture: and, in our doings, that Will of God is to be followed, which we have expressly declared unto us in the Word of God.
345. oldal - My lord, out of the love I bear to some of your friends, I have a care of your preservation. Therefore I would advise you, as you tender your life, to devise some excuse to shift off your attendance at this parliament. For God and man hath concurred to punish the wickedness of this time.
364. oldal - I, AB, do swear, That I do from my heart abhor, detest, and abjure as impious and heretical, that damnable doctrine and position, That princes excommunicated or deprived by the pope, or any authority of the see of Rome, may be deposed or murdered by their subjects, or any other whatsoever.
363. oldal - ... his majesty, his heirs and successors, all treasons and traitorous conspiracies, which I shall know or hear of to be against him or any of them.
293. oldal - I will have one doctrine, one discipline, one religion in substance and ceremony: never speak more to that point, how far you are bound to obey.
542. oldal - Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem? I tell you, Nay: but except ye repent yc shall all likewise perish.
296. oldal - If ,you aim at a Scottish Presbytery, it agreeth as well with monarchy as God and the devil. Then Jack, and Tom, and Will, and Dick, shall meet, and at their pleasure censure me and my council, and all our proceedings ; then Will shall stand up and say, It must be thus ; then Dick shall reply, Nay, marry, but we will have it thus.
441. oldal - And he went on his journeys from the south even to Beth-el, unto the place where his tent had been at the beginning, between Bethel and Hai ; unto the place of the altar, which he had made there at the first: and there Abram called on the name of the LORD.
306. oldal - That the cross in baptism, interrogatories ministered to infants, confirmation, as superfluous, may be taken away. Baptism not to be ministered by women, and so explained. The cap and surplice not urged. That examination may go before the communion. That it be ministered with a sermon. That divers terms of priests and absolution and some other used, with the ring in marriage, and other such like in the book may be corrected.
373. oldal - Greek words, which cannot, without some circumlocution, so briefly and fitly be expressed in the text. 7. Such quotations of places to be marginally set down as shall serve for the fit references of one Scripture to another. 8. Every particular man of each company...