Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
action altogether Anatomy of Melancholy appeared artist attack beauties brought Byron called character CHARLEs cloth extra Collins Coloured Complete contains criticised criticism Crown 8vo Demy Edited English Essay Facsimile fair faults feel gilt give hand History human ignorance Illustrations importance interesting John journal judge judgment kind learned less letter libel lines literary Literature living London look Lord matters meaning merit mind Nature never Notes notice numerous numerous Illustrations once opinion original OUIDA pass PAYN Pictures play poem poet poetry Popular Portrait praise printed production published readers referred remarks Review says Series severe Small sort story style taste thing Thomas thought Three tion true turn verse Vols volume whole worth write written wrote
4. oldal - More Worlds than One. The Creed of the Philosopher and the Hope of the Christian.
11. oldal - Both Series Complete in One Vol. Leigh Hunt's Essays : A Tale for a Chimney Corner, and other Pieces. With Portrait, and Introduction by EDMUND OLLIER.
17. oldal - Magna Charta. An Exact Facsimile of the Original Document in the British Museum, printed on fine plate paper, nearly 3 feet long by 2 feet wide, with the Arms and Seals emblazoned in Gold and Colours.
10. oldal - Greehs and Romans (The Life of the), Described from Antique Monuments. By ERNST GUHL and W. KONER. Translated from the Third German Edition, and Edited by Dr. F. HUEFFER. With 545 Illustrations. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, gilt, with Illustrations, ']s. 6d. Greenwood's Low-Life Deeps: An Account of the Strange Fish to be found there ; including " The Man and Dog Fight," with much additional and confirmatory evidence; "With a Tally-Man," "A Fallen Star," "The Betting Barber," "A Coal Marriage,
25. oldal - Plutarch's Lives of Illustrious Men. Translated from the Greek, with Notes Critical and Historical, and a Life of Plutarch, by JOHN and WILLIAM LANGHORNE.
134. oldal - In this poem there is no nature, for there is no truth; there is no art, for there is nothing new. Its form is that of a pastoral, easy, vulgar, and therefore disgusting: whatever images it can supply, are long ago exhausted; and its inherent improbability always forces dissatisfaction on the mind.
5. oldal - Broad Grins,'' " My Nightgown and Slippers," and other Humorous Works, Prose and Poetical, of GEORGE COLMAN. With Life by GB BUCKSTONE, and Frontispiece by HOGARTH. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, gilt, 7s.
9. oldal - Tobacco : Its History and Associations ; with an Account of the Plant and its Manufacture, and its Modes of Use in all Ages and Countries. By F. W. FAIRHOLT, FSA With Coloured Frontispiece and upwards of 100 Illustrations by the Author. Crown 8vo, cloth extra, js.
6. oldal - Cyclopaedia of Costume ; or, A Dictionary of Dress — Regal, Ecclesiastical, Civil, and Military — from the Earliest Period in England to the reign of George the Third. Including Notices of Contemporaneous Fashions on the Continent, and a General History of the Costumes of the Principal Countries of Europe. By JR PLANCHE, Somerset Herald.