The New Testament: Translated from the Original Greek, with Chronological Arrangement of the Sacred Books, and Improved Divisions of Chapters and Verses
J. P. Jewett, 1858 - 411 oldal
This book, by Leicester Ambrose Sawyer, is a rare, 19th century translation of the New Testament which attempts to modernize the archaic language used in other translations while utilizing the higher criticism technique.
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
The New Testament: Translated from the Original Greek, with Chronological ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2008
according angel answered apostles asked bear behold believe blessed blood body bread brothers brought called cast CHAPTER chief priests church coming commanded continue cured dead death delivered desire destroyed disciples drink earth enter evil eyes faith Father fear feet fell flesh followed fruit gave give given glory gospel grace hand head hear heard heart heaven Holy Spirit hope hour immediately Jerusalem Jesus Christ Jews John judge kill king kingdom known light live Lord Lord Jesus mind Moses mother multitude opened passed Paul peace performed Peter Pharisees pray preached prophets raised received rejoice righteousness saved saying seek seen sent servant seven sins sitting speak Spirit spoke standing suffer teaching tell temple testify things took truly truth twelve voice walk wife wish woman written
136. oldal - And another said, I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come. So that servant came and shewed his lord these things. Then the master of the house being angry said to his servant, Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in hither the poor, and the maimed, and the halt, and the blind.
404. oldal - And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea, Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
286. oldal - God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that part which lacked ; that there should be no schism in the body; but that the members should have the same care one for another.
404. oldal - And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood...
413. oldal - ... the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation ; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone, in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb : And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever, and they have no rest day nor night who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
171. oldal - And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know ? how is it then that he saith, I came down from heaven ? Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.
295. oldal - For God who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.
378. oldal - By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
309. oldal - ... their feet are swift to shed blood: destruction and misery are in their ways: and the way of peace have they not known: there is no fear of God before their eyes.
411. oldal - And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood, after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood. And the earth helped the woman, and the earth opened her mouth and swallowed up the flood which the dragon cast out of his mouth.