Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according action actually admit affirm answer argument attained attributes become believe Bible body called cause character Christ Christian church civil condition confidence consequence consists constitution course deny direction divine doctrine duty earth entire equally eternal evidence evil exercise existence fact faith Father feel give given gospel ground hand heart heaven Hence hold holy human idea important independent individual infinite influence intelligence interests involves labor less liberty light living Lord means mind minister ministry moral nature necessary necessity never object organizations passage perfect position possible practice present principles promises question reason receive reference regard relations render requires respect result sense sensibility sentiment sinful soul spirit sufferings suppose things thought tion true truth universal unto uttered verse views whole
141. oldal - The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun. Is there any thing whereof it may be said, See, this is new ? it hath been already of old time, which was before us.
384. oldal - Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him: and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
280. oldal - In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened. And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low...
477. oldal - They being the root of all mankind, the guilt of this sin was imputed, and the same death in sin and corrupted nature conveyed to all their posterity, descending from them by ordinary generation. From this original corruption, whereby we are utterly indisposed, disabled, and made opposite to all good, and wholly inclined to all evil, do proceed all actual transgressions.
197. oldal - God, the first-born of every creature ; for by him were all things created that are in heaven and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers, all things were created by him and for him ; and he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church ; who is the beginning, the first-born from the dead, that in all things he might have the pre-eminence.
268. oldal - For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
156. oldal - For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them. As the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast, for all is vanity. "All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
148. oldal - For the same sound is in my ears Which in those days I heard. Thus fares it still in our decay ; And yet the wiser mind Mourns less for what age takes away Than what it leaves behind.
152. oldal - There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour.