Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
adeò adversus alia alii aliis alios apostolica autres avoit bishops Cardinal Cardinalis Catholicæ causa century Christi Church clergy concilio Concilium contre corruption Council cùm dans deux Domini Dominus ecclesiæ ejusdem eorum Episcopi Episcopus été etoient etoit faire fidei fidem France fuerit general great hæc hæresi hæretici hæreticorum hæreticos hujus hujusmodi Ibidem igitur illa illi illis illud ipsi ipso Italia Joannes juxta leur magis multi neque nihil nostris nunc omni omnibus omnium Oratio ordinis Papa Papæ Pape Paris parte Petri Pope populus pour præ principes propter publicè qu'il qu'on quæ quàm quis quorum quos Roman Rome Saint sanctæ servus sicut sine sint sive solùm suæ suam super supra Synodus tamen tanquam tantum tempore true tunc usque verò VIII vitæ vobis δε εν και των
72. oldal - The visible Church of Christ is a congregation of faithful men, in the which the pure Word of God is preached, and the Sacraments be duly ministered according to Christ's ordinance, in all those things that of necessity are requisite to the same. As the Church of Jerusalem, Alexandria, and Antioch, have erred ; so also the Church of Rome hath erred, not only in their living and manner of Ceremonies, but also in matters of Faith.
73. oldal - The bishops assumed, in many places, a princely authority, particularly those who had the greatest number of churches under their inspection, and who presided over the most opulent assemblies. They appropriated to their evangelical function the splendid ensigns of temporal majesty. A throne, surrounded with ministers, exalted above his equals the servant of the meek and humble Jesus ; and sumptuous garments dazzled the eyes and the minds of the multitude into an ignorant veneration for their arrogated...
78. oldal - ... a variety of causes. A ridiculous precipitation in receiving new opinions, a preposterous desire of imitating the pagan rites, and of blending them with the Christian worship, and that idle propensity which the generality of mankind have toward a gaudy and ostentatious religion ; all contributed to establish the reign of superstition upon the ruins of Christianity.
73. oldal - This change in the form of ecclesiastical government was soon followed by a train of vices which dishonoured the character and authority of those to whom the administration of the church was committed. For though several yet continued to exhibit to the world illustrious examples of primitive piety and Christian virtue, yet many were sunk in luxury and voluptuousness, puffed up with vanity, arrogance, and ambition, possessed with a spirit of contention and discord, and addicted to many other vices...
77. oldal - Hence arose that extravagant veneration for departed saints, and those absurd notions of a certain fire destined to purify separate souls, that now prevailed, and of which the public marks were every where to be seen. Hence, also, the celibacy of priests, the worship of images and relics, which, in...
196. oldal - O vanitas vanitatum, sed non vanior, quam insanior ! Fulget ecclesia in parietibus, et in pauperibus eget.
420. oldal - The Book of the Roman Catholic Church; in a series of Letters addressed to Robert Southey, esq. on his "Book of the Church.
208. oldal - Huiusmodi namque copulationem, quam contra ecclesiasticam regulam constat esse contractam, matrimonium non esse censemus.
70. oldal - straight gate : for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, which leadeth to destruction, and many there be who go in thereat ; 14. Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
34. oldal - Et, si satisfacere contempserit infra annum, significetur hoc summo pontifici, ut extunc ipse vasallos ab ejus fidelitate denunciet absolutos et terram exponat catholicis occupandam, qui eam exterminatis haereticis sine ulla contradictione possideant et in fidei puritate conservent; salvo...