Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
able according affection answer appear arms army assistance authority believed better bill brought called cause charge church command commons concerning confident consent council counsels court danger declaration defence desired doubt duty earl enemy England execution expected expressions fears foot forces gave give given ground hands hath honour hope horse houses of parliament Hull intended interest Ireland judge justice king king's kingdom knew known land least less liberty London looked lord majesty majesty's matter means militia nature necessary never offered officers particular party passed peace persons petition present preserve prince privilege proceedings protestant published raised ready reason received refused religion resolved safety sent sir John subjects suffer taken thereof thing thought tion told town true trust votes whole York
347. oldal - And it came to pass on the morrow, that Moses said unto the people, "Ye have sinned a great sin: and now I will go up unto the Lord; peradventure I shall make an atonement for your sin.
196. oldal - Archb. Sir, will you grant to hold and keep the rightful customs which the commonalty of this your kingdom have ? and will you defend and uphold them to the honour of God, so much as in you lieth ? King. I grant, and promise so to do.
348. oldal - Curse ye Meroz, said the angel of the Lord, curse ye bitterly the inhabitants thereof; because they came not to the help of the Lord, to the help of the Lord, against the mighty.
348. oldal - Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer. 5 Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.
87. oldal - ... to constitute an assembly for the framing a new model for the government of the church, which was done accordingly ; those who were true sons of the church not so much as endeavouring the nomination of sober and learned men, abhorring such a reformation, as begun with the invasion and suppression of the church's rights in calling a synod, as well known as Magna Charta : and if any well affected member, not enough considering...
210. oldal - ... he, or they unto whom the government and education of the King's children shall be committed, shall be approved of by both Houses of Parliament; and in the intervals of Parliament, by the assent of the major part of the Council, in such manner as is before expressed in the choice of councillors; and that all such servants as are now about them, against whom both Houses shall have any just exceptions, shall be removed.
107. oldal - Majesty will be pleased, by Act of Parliament, to clear the Lord Kimbolton and the five members of the House of Commons, in such manner that future Parliaments may be secured from the consequence of that evil precedent.
478. oldal - That the votes of popish lords in the house of peers may be taken away, so long as they continue papists : and that your majesty will consent to such a bill as shall be drawn, for the education of the children of papists by protestants in the protestant religion.
181. oldal - ... hereafter, if there should be opportunity of " gaining more credit, there would not be wanting " who would suggest unto his majesty, that it was " done by them : and if his majesty were driven " from them, they hoped it was not by his own " fears, but by the fears of the lord Digby, and his " retinue of cavaliers ; and...