The Nestorians, Or, The Lost Tribes: Containing Evidence of Their Identity, an Account of Their Manners, Customs, and Ceremonies, Together with Sketches of Travel in Ancient Assyria, Armenia, Media, and Mesopotamia, and Illustrations of Scripture Prophecy
Harper, 1841 - 385 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
ancient apostles appears Assyria authority beast become believe bishop body brethren brought called captivity carried century chapter character chief Christ Christians Church circumstances common converts customs death early earth East enter entirely evidence fact faith father favour former give given Gospel hand head Hebrew hope hundred important Israel Israelites Jewish Jews king Koords labours land language learned less light living Lord lost mentioned mission Mohammedan mountains nature Nestorians never observed offered once Orient origin passed patriarch period Persia plain portion preached present priest proof prophet received regarded region relation religion remain remarkable removed represented residence rites river says seen sent seven side soon supposed Syrian ten tribes testimony thousand tion told tribes true unto village whole Yezidees
350. oldal - And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.
283. oldal - And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies. I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness : and thou shalt know the Lord.
307. oldal - But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
293. oldal - For the children of Israel shall abide many days without a king, and without a prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an ephod, and without teraphim: afterward shall the children of Israel return, and seek the Lord their God, and David their king; and shall fear the Lord and his goodness in the latter days.
174. oldal - And it shall come to pass in that day, That the Lord shall set his hand again the second time To recover the remnant of his people, Which shall be left, from Assyria, And from Egypt, and from Pathros, And from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, And from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
360. oldal - Go through, go through the gates ; prepare ye the way of the people ; cast up, cast up the highway ; gather out the stones ; lift up a standard for the people.
137. oldal - Thus saith the Lord GOD ; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land...
132. oldal - And it came to pass, when all Israel heard that Jeroboam was come again,. that they sent and called him unto the congregation, and made him king over all Israel : there was none that followed the house of David, but the tribe of Judah only.