Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
24th Foot 2nd Lieut Aden appointed army arrived Asst Bank Bank of Madras batt battery Bengal Bombay Brev brig brigade British Calcutta camp Capt Captain cavalry cent Charles Chenab Chillianwallah China coll command Commander-in-Chief Cornet corps Court of Directors detach ditto dragoons duty East-India Company East-India House enemy enemy's Europe European Ferozepore fire force furl Government Governor-General guns havildars Henry Hindustani honour horse artillery India Indian Navy infantry James John join killed in action lady Lahore late Leadenhall Street Lieutenant London Lord Gough Madras Major March Mauritius Meerut ment Messrs Military Miss Mooltan N.I. passed native officers Ootacamund overland Peshawur Punjab Ramnuggur regiment regt Resident Scinde servant ship Sikh Spanish Dollars steamer surg troops Whish wife William wounded
160. oldal - LANGUAGE, with Exercises on its more Prominent Peculiarities, together with a Selection of Useful Phrases, Dialogues, and Subjects for Translation into Persian. PART II. — A...
160. oldal - India." (Drunk with three times three, and one cheer more.) Sir Charles Napier sai<l, — My lords and gentlemen, I thank you for the honour you have done me in drinking my health, and also the Chairman for the compliments which he has been so kind as to pay me.
167. oldal - I have the honour to report, for the information " of his Excellency the Commander-in-Chief, that I had " yesterday an affair with the enemy at a village called 1857.
190. oldal - On one sheet — size, 2 ft. 3 in. wide ; 2 ft. 9 in. high, 9s. ; or, on cloth, in a case, 12s. Map of the Western Provinces of Hindoostan, The Punjab, Cabool, Scinde, Bhawulpore, &c., including all the States between Candahar and Allahabad. On four sheets — size, 4 ft. 4in. wide ; 4 ft. 2 in. high, 30s. ; or, in case, £2 ; rollers, varnished, £2 10s.
260. oldal - The government of India formerly declared that it desired no further conquest, and it proved by its acts the sincerity of its professions. The government of India has no desire for conquest now ; but it is bound, in its duty, to provide fully for its own security, and to guard the interests of those committed to its charge.
133. oldal - Native regiment, when it came up, also suffering severely. In justice to this brigade, I must be allowed to state that they behaved heroically, and but for their too hasty, and consequently disorderly advance, would have emulated the conduct of their left brigade, which, left unsupported for a time, had to charge to their front and right wherever an enemy appeared. The brigade of Horse Artillery on their left, under Lieutenant-Colonel Brind, judiciously and gallantly aiding, maintained an effective...
160. oldal - With Tables of Distances between the principal Towns and Military Stations On one sheet — size, 2 ft. 3 in. wide ; 2 ft. 9 in. high, 9s. ; or, on cloth, in a case, 12s. Map of the Western Provinces of Hindoostan, The Punjab, Cabool, Scinde, Bhawulpore, &c., including all the States between Candahar and Allahabad.
224. oldal - Compiled chiefly from surveys executed by order of the Government of India. On six sheets — size, 5 ft. 3 in. wide ; 5 ft. 4 in. high, £2 ; or, on cloth, in case, £2 12s.