Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
acid acre agricultural allowed amount animals annual attention average awarded best collection best display better Board body Book bred breed bushels called cattle cent Columbus committee condition considered corn crop disease dollars entries examined excellent exhibition experiment fact fair farm farmers feet fifteen five four fruit give given grounds hands horses hundred imported improvement inches increase interest John kind land less live mare matter means measured milk nearly nitrogen oats offered Ohio organization pair past plants potatoes pounds premium present President prize quantity question raised received regard result season second best Secretary September sheep society soil success taken thing thousand varieties wheat wool yield
392. oldal - State, which may take and claim the benefit of this act to the endowment, support, and maintenance of at least one college where the leading object shall be, without excluding other scientific and classical studies, and including military tactics, to teach such branches of learning as are related to agriculture and the mechanic arts, in such manner as the legislatures of the States may respectively prescribe, in order to promote the liberal and practical education of the industrial classes in the...
438. oldal - It will not be doubted, that with reference either to individual or national welfare, agriculture is of primary importance. In proportion as nations advance in population, and other circumstances of maturity, this truth becomes more apparent ; and renders the cultivation of the soil more and more an object of public patronage. Institutions for promoting it, grow up supported by the public purse : And to what object can it be dedicated with greater propriety...
386. oldal - No portion of said fund, nor the interest thereon, shall be applied, directly or indirectly, under any pretence whatever, to the purchase, erection, preservation or repair of any building or buildings.
386. oldal - Fourth. An annual report shall be made regarding the progress of each college, recording any improvements and experiments made, with their costs and results, and such other matters, including State industrial and economical statistics, as may be supposed useful; one copy of which shall be transmitted by mail free, by each, to all the other colleges which may be endowed under the provisions of this act, and also one copy to the Secretary of the Interior.
67. oldal - If true, here only, and of delicious taste : Betwixt them lawns, or level downs, and flocks Grazing the tender herb, were interposed ; Or palmy hillock, or the flowery lap Of some irriguous valley spread her store, Flowers of all hue, and without thorn the rose...
386. oldal - Sec. 7. And be it further enacted, That the land officers shall receive the same fees for locating land scrip issued under the provisions of this act as is now allowed for the location of military bounty land warrants under existing laws; Provided, their maximum compensation shall not be thereby increased. Sec. 8. And be it farther enacted, That the Governors of the several States...
487. oldal - It shall be the duty of each county or district society, to publish annually a list of the awards, and an abstract of the treasurer's account, in a newspaper of the district ; and to make a report of their proceedings during the year, and a synopsis of the awards for improvements in agriculture, and household manufactures, together with an abstract of the several descriptions of...
386. oldal - ... that a sum not exceeding ten per centum upon the amount received by any State under the provisions of this act may be expended for the purchase of lands for sites or experimental farms, whenever authorized by the respective legislatures of said States.
386. oldal - When lands shall be selected from those which have been raised to double the minimum price, in consequence of railroad grants, they shall be computed to the States at the maximum price, and the number of acres proportionally diminished.