The Divine Rule of Faith and Practice, Or, A Defence of the Catholic Doctrine that Holy Scripture Has Been Since the Times of the Apostles the Sole Divine Rule of Faith and Practice to the Church, Against the Dangerous Errors of the Authors of the Tracts for the Times, and the Romanists: As, Particularly, that the Rule of Faith is "made Up of Scripture and Tradition Together," &c. : in which Also the Doctrines of the Apostolic Succession, the Eucharistic Sacrifice, &c. are Fully Discussed
J. Hatchard and Son, 1842
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according already Apostles appears argument authority believe bishops called canonical Catholic Christ Christian Church clear clearly concerning consent considered contained Council creed delivered direct divine divine Scriptures doctrine doubt error eucharist evidence expressed faith Fathers favour further give given ground hath heretics Holy Holy Scriptures interpretation judge knowledge learned Lord matter meaning mind necessary notion obscure observe offered opponents passage points practice prayer present priest proof Prophets prove quæ question quod quoted reader reason received reference remarks respecting rule rule of faith sacrifice says Scrip Scripture sense speak Spirit spoken sufficient sunt suppose teach tells testimony things tion tradition true truth ture understand unto views whole witness words writings written γαρ δε εν και των
171. oldal - Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours : 3 Grace be unto you, and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
30. oldal - Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.
460. oldal - GENERAL Councils may not be gathered together without the commandment and will of Princes. And when they be gathered together, (forasmuch as they be an assembly of men, whereof all be not governed with the Spirit and Word of God,) they may err, and sometimes have erred, even in things pertaining unto God. Wherefore things ordained by them as necessary to salvation have neither strength nor authority, unless it may be declared that they be taken out of holy Scripture.
181. oldal - The Body of Christ is given, taken, and eaten, in the Supper, only after an heavenly and spiritual manner. And the mean whereby the Body of Christ is received and eaten in the Supper is Faith.
181. oldal - The body and blood of Christ which are verily and indeed taken and received by the faithful in the Lord's Supper.
144. oldal - And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
43. oldal - Take heed therefore unto yourselves and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood. For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
292. oldal - Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.
43. oldal - For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: 6 If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children, not accused of riot, or unruly.