Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according afterwards ancient appeared appointed army became become body born called canal carried cause celebrated century character church color command common considered consists contains continued court death died distinguished emperor England English entered equally established existence father favor feet former France French gave German give given Greek hand head important iron island Italian Italy Jesuits John jury king known land language latter lead length less lived March means ment miles nature object obtained original Paris particularly party passed period Persian person pope possession present prince principal produced published received remained respect river Roman Rome sent side sometimes soon taken tion took vols whole
437. oldal - Be of good comfort, master Ridley, and play the man. We shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
183. oldal - From a belief that, under the pressure of the invasion under which we were then laboring, the public would have more confidence in a Military chief, and that the Military commander, being invested with the Civil power also, both might be wielded with more energy, promptitude and effect for the defence of the State, I resigned the administration at the end of my second year, and General Nelson was appointed to succeed me.
2. oldal - An Act supplementary to an act, entitled, ( An Act for the encouragement of learning, by securing the copies of maps, charts and books to the author* and proprietors of such copies, during the times therein mentioned ;' and extending the benefits thereof to the arts of designing, engraving and etching historical and other prints.
182. oldal - It was read generally by the members, approved by many, though thought too bold for the present state of things; but they printed it in pamphlet form, under the title of "A Summary View of the Rights of British America.
353. oldal - ... time for them to stay any longer. They immediately leave off fishing, take to their oars, and get away as fast as they can. When they have reached the usual depth of the place and find themselves out of danger, they lie upon their oars, and in a few minutes after they see this enormous monster come up to the surface of the water. He there shows himself sufficiently, though his whole body does not appear, which, in all likelihood, no human eye ever beheld, excepting the young of this species,...
288. oldal - ... that there is an action depending between him and the party; that he has taken money for his verdict; that he has formerly been a juror in the same cause; that he is the party's master, servant, counsellor, steward, or attorney, or of the same society or corporation with him : all these are principal causes of challenge, which, if true, cannot be overruled, for jurors must be omni exceptione majores.
310. oldal - The keel supports and unites the whole fabric, since the stem and stern-posts, which are elevated on its ends, are, in some measure, a continuation of the keel, and serve to connect and enclose the extremities of the sides by transoms, as the keel forms and unites the bottom by timbers. The keel is generally composed of several thick pieces placed lengthways, which, after being scarfed together, are bolted and clinched upon the upper side.
381. oldal - States made him a grant of $200,000, and a township of land, "in consideration of his important services and expenditures during the American revolution.