Gospel Sonnets: Or, Spiritual Songs, in Six Parts ... Concerning Creation and Redemption, Law and Gospel, Justification and Sanctification, Faith and Sense, Heaven and Earth
J. and A. Duncan, booksellers, Glasgow, 1793 - 371 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
againſt alſo bear becauſe behold believe believer's blood bride bring Chap Chriſt commandment condemned curſe dead death deep divine draw dwell earth eternal ev'ry eyes face faint faith fall Father favour fear firſt fleſh foul fruit give glorious glory goſpel grace guilt hand haſt hath head hear heart heav'n hell Hence himſelf holy hope iniquity Jeſus Jeſus Chriſt John juſtice juſtified keep King light live Lord Matth mind moſt muſt myſtery nature never once perfect pow'r praiſe pride promiſe Pſalm righteouſneſs ſaid ſave ſay SECT ſee ſhall ſhould ſin ſoul Spirit ſtand ſtill ſtrength ſuch thee theſe thine things thoſe thou thou art throne Thy Husband true truth unto viii whole whoſe wrath
225. oldal - Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old ? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born ? Jesus answered, Verily, verily I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
259. oldal - Who is among you that feareth the Lord, that obeyeth the voice of his servant, that walketh in darkness and hath no light? let him trust in the name of the Lord, and stay upon his God.
193. oldal - I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: but I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
235. oldal - And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand ; and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, king of the Jews ! And they spit upon him, and took the reed, and smote him on the head.
211. oldal - Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.
166. oldal - God; to comfort all that mourn ; to appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.
312. oldal - For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts : and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people...
212. oldal - But by the grace of God I am what I am; and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not in vain; but I laboured more abundantly than they all; yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.
229. oldal - As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father ; so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me. This is that bread which came down from heaven : not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead : he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.