Encyclopaedia Americana: A Popular Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature, History, Politics and Biography, Brought Down to the Present Time; Including a Copious Collection of Original Articles in American Biography, 8. kötet
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according acid afterwards ancient animal appeared appointed army Austria became body born called Catholic celebrated century character Charles chief church color command connexion contains court death died distinguished duke edition emperor England English eral established Europe father favor feet France French German German empire Greek honor inhabitants iron island Italy king kingdom Latin latter lived London lord Lord's supper Louis Louis XIV Louis XVIII magnet manganese Masinissa Medici ment Meroë miles military mineral mineralogy minister Napoleon nation natural obliged obtained officers Paris peace person poem prince prince of Condé principal produced province published queen received reign returned river Roman Rome royal Russia soon Spain Spanish species square miles tained tion took town treatise Tuscany Vienna vols whole
368. oldal - Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
487. oldal - That whenever the United States shall be invaded, or be in imminent danger of invasion from any foreign nation or Indian tribe, it shall be lawful for the President of the United States to call forth such number of the militia of the State, or States, most convenient to the place of danger, or scene of action, as he may judge necessary to repel such invasion, and to issue his orders for that purpose to such officer or officers of the militia as he shall think proper.
365. oldal - SOLIDITY. 1728 Cubic Inches = 1 Cubic Foot 27 Cubic Feet = 1 Cubic Yard. DIVISION II.
309. oldal - States, but shall so far consider himself as counsel for the prisoner, after the said prisoner shall have made his plea, as to object to any leading question to any of the witnesses, or any question to the prisoner, the answer to which might tend to criminate himself...
370. oldal - To every action there is always opposed an equal reaction: or, the mutual actions of two bodies upon each other are always equal, and directed to contrary parts.
370. oldal - The change of motion is proportional to the motive force impressed; and is made in the direction of the right line in which that force is impressed.
21. oldal - Albany, the following proposed changes in the Book of Common Prayer of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America...
75. oldal - It is near six inches in length from the tip of the bill to the end of the tail, the former being about half an inch, and the latter two inches and a half.