Precious Truth: Or, Some Points in Gospel Doctrine Vindicated in a Series of Letters Addressed to Christians of Every Denomination : Shewing the Falsehood of the Charges Brought Against the Writings of Mr. Marshal, Mr. Hervey, and Others by Mr. Bellamy in His Dialogues and Letters
Z. Cramer, 1806 - 314 oldal
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
Precious Truth: Or, Some Points in Gospel Doctrine Vindicated in a Series of ...
Nincs elérhető előnézet - 2020
acceptance according actual allow answer apostle appears assurance attained believe Bellamy Bellamy's benefits blessed bring brought called cause Christian church concerning condition considered continue covenant David death deny direct Divine doctrine doubt duty effect elect eternal evidence exercise expression Father fear give given glory God's gospel grace grant ground hath heart Hence hold holy Holy Spirit immediate James Jesus Christ John justification knowledge letter look Lord Lord's Marshal means nature necessary never obedience object observed offer opinion opposition pardon particular passages person preached present promise reason receive reconciled reformation regard repentance represented revealed righteousness Robert salvation saving faith says scripture sense shew sinners sins soul speak Spirit sufficient suppose teach thee things Thomas thou tion true trust truth unto warrant
216. oldal - At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank Thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because Thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. Even so, Father : for so it seemed good in Thy sight.
265. oldal - And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, "It is my people:" and they shall say, "The Lord is my God.
140. oldal - I had not known sin, but by the law : for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence.
215. oldal - Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things written in the book of the law, to do them.
265. oldal - Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.
290. oldal - Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches : but let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth Me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth : for in these things I delight, saith the Lord.
273. oldal - The condition of Man after the fall of Adam is such, that he cannot turn and prepare himself, by his own natural strength and good works, to faith, and calling upon God. Wherefore we have no power to do good works pleasant and acceptable to God, without the grace of God by Christ preventing us, that we may have a good will, and working with us, when we have that good will.
203. oldal - If I did despise the cause of my man-servant, or of my maid-servant, when they contended with me; what then shall I do when God riseth up ? and when he visiteth, what shall I answer him?
2. oldal - But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness. "Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law.