Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
Más kiadások - Összes megtekintése
according afterwards amongst appears arrived assistants authority blessed Boston Bradford brought called Capt Captain carried cause chosen Christ church Colony Commissioners Connecticut considerable considered continued corn Court death desired died divers Edward England English fear fell four friends further gave give given God's Governour hand hath Hist History honour hope hundred Indians Island John jurisdiction King land late letter lived Lord manner March Massachusetts Mather means meet mentioned miles minister New-England observed occasion peace persons plantation Plymouth present Prince probably providence Quakers reason received reference relation removed respect rest returned river Sachem says sent settled settlement ship soon spirit Standish suffered taken things Thomas thought tion took town trade unto whole Winslow writer written
210. oldal - After God had carried us safe to New England, and we had builded our houses, provided necessaries for our livelihood, reared convenient places for God's worship, and settled the civil government, one of the next things we longed for and looked after was to advance learning and perpetuate it to posterity; dreading to leave an illiterate ministry to the churches, when our present ministers shall lie in the dust.
144. oldal - Fuller, among us; and rejoice much that I am by him satisfied touching your judgments of the outward form of God's worship. It is as far as I can gather, no other than is warranted by the evidence of truth. And the same which I have professed, and maintained, ever since the Lord in mercy revealed Himself unto me. Being far from the common report that hath been spread of you touching that particular...
220. oldal - God to recompense tribulation to them that trouble you; and to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ...
160. oldal - O that thou hadst hearkened to my commandments! then had thy peace been as a river, and thy righteousness as the waves of the sea...
161. oldal - Thus out of small beginnings greater things have been produced by His hand that made all things of nothing, and gives being to all things that are; and as one small candle may light a thousand, so the light here kindled hath shone to many, yea in some sort to our whole nation; let the glorious name of Jehovah have all the praise.
35. oldal - And for the season it was winter, and they that know the winters of that country know them to be sharp and violent, and subject to cruel and fierce storms, dangerous to travel to known places, much more to search an unknown coast. Besides, what could they see but a hideous and desolate wilderness, full of wild beasts and wild men— and what multitudes there might be of them they knew not.
220. oldal - If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the Spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
35. oldal - Pisgah, to view from this wilderness a more goodly country to feed their hopes ; for which way soever they turned their eyes (save upward to the heavens) they could have little solace or content in respect of any outward objects.
7. oldal - New England's Memorial ; or, A brief relation of the most memorable and remarkable passages of the providence of God, manifested to the planters of New-England in America ; with special reference to the first colony thereof, called NewPlimouth.