Lectures on the Gospel of St. Matthew: Delivered in the Parish Church of St. James, Westminster, in the Years 1798, 1799, 1800, and 1801, 2. kötet
T. Cadell & W. Davies ... T. Payne ... and F.C. & J. Rivington, 1815
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
angels answer apostles appear astonishing behold believe blessed called chapter chief priests Chris Christ Christian command crime dead death declared destruction of Jerusalem disciples divine Master doctrine duty eternal evangelists event evidence expresses faith Father favour fear Galilee gave give glory Gospel hand heart Herod Herodias holy honour human innocent Jesus Jewish Jews John the Baptist Josephus Judaea judge king kingdom of heaven Lecture Lord Lord's Luke Luke Hansard mankind Mark marriage Matt Matthew meant ment Messiah mind miracles nature observed offend ourselves parable passage passover persons Peter Pharisees Pilate prediction present probably proof prophecy prophets punishment racter rection religion resurrection reward rich Roman sacred Sadducees saith salvation Saviour say unto Scripture servants siege sions soul spirit sufferings tell temple thee things thou shalt tian tion told took transfiguration truth verse Vespasian virtue whole words
214. oldal - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken : and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven : and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
112. oldal - Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven : and come and follow me.
126. oldal - It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
111. oldal - And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
272. oldal - Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night : for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
40. oldal - While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
33. oldal - And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid ; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
389. oldal - And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.