Lectures on the Gospel of St. Matthew: Delivered in the Parish Church of St. James, Westminster, in the Years 1798, 1799, 1800, and 1801, 2. kötet
T. Cadell & W. Davies ... T. Payne ... and F.C. & J. Rivington, 1815
Mit mondanak mások - Írjon ismertetőt
Nem találtunk ismertetőket a szokott helyeken.
angels answer apostles appear authority believe blessed body called chapter Christ Christian circumstances coming command considered dead death destruction disciples divine doctrine duty event evidence expect expresses fact faith Father fear follow gave give given glory Gospel hand head heart heaven holy human important instance Jerusalem Jesus Jews John judge king kingdom Lecture living Lord Lord's Luke manner Mark Master Matthew means meant ment mind nature never object observed offend pass passage person Peter prediction present priests probably proof prophecy prophets punishment reason relates religion remarkable respect resurrection reward rich Roman sacred Saviour say unto Scripture servants soul spirit stand sufferings tell temple thee things thou tion told took true truth unto verse virtue whole witnesses writers
212. oldal - Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken : and then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven : and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
110. oldal - Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven : and come and follow me.
124. oldal - It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
109. oldal - And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
270. oldal - Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night : for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
38. oldal - While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him. And when the disciples heard it, they fell on their face, and were sore afraid. And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid. And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only.
31. oldal - And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid ; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
387. oldal - And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.